- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 30, 2021
- Professional Services
- Business Applications
Productboard helps product managers understand what customers need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around the roadmap. We’re the first customer-centric product management platform to meet the needs of today’s product organizations.
About the Role:
Productboard’s Product Strategy Consultant will create and deliver intensive consulting engagements with our customers and lead Product Strategy and Organizational transformation for their teams and organizations.
As an experienced Consultant to product teams, you are skilled at leading engagements that include assessing product team maturity, current state, benchmarking, defining product vision, product strategy processes and workflows, organizational design, product growth strategies and more.
You’ll be designing and building the consulting practice at Productboard and help grow the category that makes Product Management synonymous with Productboard. As a leader in product strategy, you will contribute to the team and our customers with your knowledge of Product Management and its methodologies, Product organizations and the agile principles & methods that form its basis. Consulting engagements range from deep and intensive bodies of work around total product management transformation, to hands-on coaching product managers on their quarterly planning cycles, for example.
The successful candidate have proven expertise in:
- Assessing the maturity of a Product organization
- Developing product vision and strategy
- Define product strategies, roadmaps, and backlogs that led to the definition and delivery of impactful user experiences.
- Designing a target product organizational structure and creating a transformation plan and processes
- Setting up a governance process for the Product strategy, for example by implementing OKRs
- Coaching teams on the implementation of practices resulting from Product Management (User research, Backlog management, Design of a Product roadmap, etc.)
- Designing and conducting targeted training on Product Management at multiple levels (teams, across teams, programs, executive)
- Leading thematic workshops to solve a particular problem: clarification of roles and responsibilities, redefinition of a process, user research
- Working in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented environment
- 2+ years of experience as a Product Consultant either at a consulting firm or independent consultant to enterprise and mid-market tech companies plus 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager
- You have expert knowledge of product management and agile frameworks and methods and you know how to adapt the right methodology to the context in which a customer needs to operate
- You are interested in organizational theory and change management issues, and understand the characteristics and challenges of a Product organization
- You have developed consulting programs, collateral and materials to train, workshop and coach product teams
- You adopt an analytical approach to frame the problems, and are proactive in inventing and studying potential solutions
You can look forward to the following benefits:
Competitive compensation, stock options
- A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
- 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
- 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
- Lunch delivered to your home
- Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
- Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.