- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Business Applications
Productboard is looking for an additional leader for our fast-growing team of sales professionals focused on SMB customers/ prospects. We are a Series C company with established revenue and are hitting a hyper growth phase! We are looking for a software Sales Manager who will lead a team of SMB Account Executives to generate net new business and help us get to the next level.
You enjoy being elbow to elbow on a deal with your reps, leading by example by entrenching yourself in the field, guiding their focus, and helping them solve hard problems. You will bring with you meaningful software industry experience in any of the following: Modern SaaS selling experience, bottoms up and top down selling, expert deal strategy, previous history moving upmarket, experience with freemium (trials) is a bonus.
Let’s make products that matter, together.
On a typical day, you will…
- Lead your team to successfully achieve and exceed quarterly and annual revenue quotas through proven leadership, strong business acumen, problem-solving and consultative selling skills
- Establish and monitor KPIs that align to your team’s business plan around pipeline generation and delivering predictable revenue
- Coordinate with other departments on technical, business and deployment issues
- Hire, train and motivate your sales team, including providing regular coaching and mentoring for personal development and professional advancement
- Develop and refine tools for monitoring and providing regular reporting on success and performance improvement
- Leverage Salesforce.com to track and report team forecasts, sales activities, pipeline management to accurately forecast and grow sales
- You bring a minimum of 7 years in sales, of which at least 2-3 years have been spent leading a sales team focused B2B SaaS products
- Experience leading “hunting” focused teams driving new logo acquisition and closing growth business
- Must have demonstrable experience in coaching a sales methodology (“Command of the Message” and Meddicc preferred), enabling the value selling process, and the creation of sales enablement programs that focus on competitive differentiation and execution
- Experience helping a team sell a platform with multiple products and navigating through multiple buyers across and organization
- Ability to interact and partner with all levels of management
- Proven leadership qualities, including selecting and developing staff, communicating a vision and inspiring teams
- Experience scaling sales teams and revenues within a SaaS environment
- Curiosity and an open mind
- Ego-free attitude — we are here for the success of the team and the company
- Empathy, transparency, and a good sense of humor
You can look forward to the following benefits:
- MacBook Pro + 34″ monitor
- Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
- 4 weeks of vacation and sick days
- Free snacks, drinks, and catered lunches every day
- Team events such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
- Flexible working hours and home office
Productboard is the customer-driven product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.