- Vancouver, CA
- Date Posted
- Aug. 10, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Help build a multi-tenant SaaS serving 3000+ global companies. Create robust backend services capable of hundreds of requests per second. Join a team that’s redefining what product management systems can be.
Our Tech Stack
- Our stack is a Ruby on Rails backend with React.js and Typescript on the frontend
- We’re running Elasticsearch to power our Insights search
- We are fully migrated to Kubernetes on AWS to enable an event-driven service architecture, using Kafka to let services communicate together asynchronously and resiliently
- We are also exploring to use Typescript more and more on the backend as well. However we don’t see our Ruby development slowing down anytime soon
You’ll be expected to work on everything from the above, but we’re not expecting deep knowledge in all of it. We strive to build up everything backed by code and reliable pipelines which will get you on track at lightning speed. We’re always open to changes which can make us better!
We’re looking for someone with the following skills and qualities:
- 2+ years of experience building backend systems
- Experience with some parts of our tech stack is always welcome (messaging, AWS, k8s, Typescript, SPAs)
- Your code is clean and well tested, you own development from discovery to production deployment
- You love to learn and constantly improve your own skills, and are not afraid to jump into new things
- You like communicating with frontend or product management and you always keep the end-user in mind.
- You could win a debate on tabs vs. spaces conducted entirely in English (we have a an international team and are successful at keeping discussions in English)
You can look forward to the following benefits:
Competitive compensation, stock options
- A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
- 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
- 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
- Lunch delivered to your home
- Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
- Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap. In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.