- Date Posted
- Dec. 12, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
At Productboard, we are developing a product command center where 5,000+ global companies make strategic product decisions every day.
We’re growing fast and with that comes strong demand to build more and more product features. To help meet our customers’ evolving needs, we want to have 20% of our engineering team working on our technical platform. Would you like to be part of that?
Our engineering department is composed of multiple product tribes and a platform tribe. Each product tribe owns a different area of the product, while the platform tribe focuses on improving the efficiency of the whole engineering department.
- The platform tribe is composed of six teams, each focusing on a different topic. However, we do keep a high level of cross-collaboration between the teams.
- Frontend Platform — owns a big piece of our technical architecture, develops the frontend framework and its interfaces with the backend (React, GraphQL, service workers, etc.).
- Developer Experience — improves the developer experience and productivity by tackling topics such as CI/CD, development environments, IDE plugins, and integration between development tools.
- Quality Engineering — oversees frameworks, tooling, and infrastructure that product tribes use to automate all kinds of tests, and keeps an eye on the quality of the product.
- Cloud Engineering — builds and maintains our infrastructure (AWS, Kubernetes, load balancers, etc.).
- Production Engineering — develops the backend framework that powers our microservices architecture and integrates it with all our tools (Backstage, k8s, Sentry, OpsGenie, etc.).
- Nucleus — builds and maintains our internal design system.
We are currently merging the Frontend Platform and Developer Experience teams, as their topics are really close to each other, and we’re looking for a leader that would take care of both of their domains.
- Own the strategy for the team and set the long-term objectives and goals
- Ensure the team is delivering according to expectations
- Remove any blockers, enabling the team to focus on what’s important for their delivery
- Help the engineers on your team grow and lead them through their career path
- Define and improve team processes and ceremonies
- Make sure that your team is well-staffed and has all the required skills
- Maintain a healthy, collaborative culture in line with the company values as we navigate through hyper-growth
We do not expect you to be the strongest engineer in the team, however, you need to have the relevant technical knowledge to understand the team's domain. Your main focus is to have a multiplying effect on the team's output. You can get a better idea of our vision of the role by reading the “Role of Management” article about Empowered Product Teams from Marty Cagan.
- Previous experience building and leading highly-functional teams
- The ability to align people behind a common goal and explain complex topics in simple terms
- High level of empathy and enjoy working with people
- A strong technical background, ideally building complex B2B SaaS products with a focus on frontend architecture
- A proven track record of leading and delivering large technical initiatives across multiple teams
- Passion for building tools for developers and boosting their productivity
- Understanding DevOps as a culture not as a role
- Fluency in English — our team consists of 14+ nationalities
You’ll have the opportunity to...
- Work in a fast-paced multi-cultural company with space for rapid career growth
- Influence Productboard’s technical strategy and have a big say in how we operate
- Help us grow even faster by improving the productivity of the entire engineering
- Shape our culture and have an impact even beyond your tribe
- Grow as a leader through coaching and mentoring programs
- Build your personal brand by speaking at meetups and conferences
You can look forward to the following benefits:
You’ll join a diverse and talented team, with plenty of opportunities for personal growth, impact, and learning.
MacBook + 34″ monitor
- Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
- 5 weeks of vacation + sick days
- 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
- Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day (or lunch delivered to your home)
- Shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
- MultiSport card to access sports facilities
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
- Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
- Flexible working hours and home office
Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 5,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap. In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.