- Date Posted
- Dec. 5, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
Our Technical Support Engineering team is the bridge between our customer-facing teams and our engineering and product departments. We are the first responders for issues getting escalated to engineering, and we also handle special customer requests to perform one-time bulk actions where coding is involved. Our team is distributed across two time zones in Europe and North America.
As team manager, you will be in charge of the team’s engineers and their growth. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the team is well-staffed and making improvements to some of our core processes.
This role also has a technical component. You will develop and execute one-time actions on our backends to accommodate special customer requests, improve the team’s tooling, and help the more junior engineers to develop their technical skills.
This is an ideal role for someone with technical and leadership skills who wants to continue on the leadership track but also wants the transition to be gradual with coding still involved, at least in the near-term.
On a typical day, you will …
- Lead a small team of engineers, across two time zones;
- Support engineers in their day-to-day, personal development, and career growth;
- Ensure that the team processes are well defined and understood and work on improvements to support our rapid growth;
- Help prioritize issues that engineering needs to react to quickly;
- Set up and maintain core team metrics;
- Perform lightweight coding tasks;
- Help the engineers in the team improve their technical skills;
- Maintain a healthy, collaborative culture in line with company values as we navigate through hyper-growth;
- Be actively involved in hiring engineers for your team and making sure it’s well-staffed;
- Collaborate with other teams on improving our processes.
About you ...
- We need empathetic engineering managers who can help navigate our engineering teams through hyper-growth.
- You have a technical background, ideally previous experience as a software engineer.
- You want to follow the leadership track but would like to keep some level of technical work in your day-to-day, at least for the time being.
- You have at least some past experience with leading people (tech/team lead or similar).
- You have the ability to align people behind a common goal.
- You are direct but careful with feedback, both given and received. We embrace the approach of Radical Candor.
- You are fluent in English — our team consists of 14+ nationalities.
Our Tech Stack ...
- Our stack is Ruby on Rails and Kotlin on the backend with React.js and Typescript on the frontend.
- We’re running Elasticsearch to power our Insights search.
- We have fully migrated to Kubernetes on AWS to power our event-driven service architecture, and we use Kafka to let services communicate together asynchronously and resiliently.
You can look forward to the following benefits:
You’ll join a diverse and talented team, with plenty of opportunities for personal growth, impact, and learning.
MacBook + 34″ monitor
- Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
- 5 weeks of vacation + sick days
- 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
- Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day (or lunch delivered to your home)
- Shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
- MultiSport card to access sports facilities
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
- Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
- Flexible working hours and home office
Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 5,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap. In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture:
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.