- Date Posted
- Dec. 26, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
Productboard is seeking a customer-focused, highly energetic, individual to join our team as an Onboarding Specialist responsible for onboarding a large portfolio of SMB customers. This role will act as a trusted advisor for our SMB cohort of customers and enable our customers to ensure they are getting maximum value from Productboard. You will be able to think strategically and execute tactically. The ideal candidate will be experienced in leading customer interactions, detail-oriented, and able to listen effectively and provide clear advice.
As part of the Customer Success team, the Onboarding Specialist requires proven customer-facing skills within a SaaS Customer Success, Training, or Support team. This individual will work closely with our Customer Success Education function to design and lead 1:1 and group user training clinics to make a direct impact on achieving productboard’s customer activation and retention targets.
On a typical, you will:
- Become an expert on Productboard and Product Management Best Practices and train customers of varying levels of sophistication
- Understand customers’ business goals and objectives and develop a strong rapport with them, owning the customer relationship during the 45-day onboarding phase and operating with a high degree of autonomy
- Effectively project manage a rolling 45-day portfolio of customer onboarding projects, ensuring a successful and timely onboarding for each account
- Schedule and complete several customer onboarding calls for each account, following an established onboarding process, and ensure customers have completed core training, understand product value, and have implemented optimal workflows by the end of their 45-day onboarding
- Monitor and analyze account health metrics over the onboarding period, deliver best practices to improve platform usage, and share onboarding progress reports at day 45, including instruction for customers that fail to achieve the desired outcome at day 45
- Report on overall program KPIs to account team -- including % of customers successfully onboarded, customer health, and keep detailed and accurate CRM records of all customer conversations and activities
- Resolve and/or escalate particular onboarding issues in a timely fashion
- Maintain strong communication with account team members, including sales reps and Customer Success Coaches to ensure smooth internal handoffs
- Surface general onboarding blockers and trends to improve the overall setup and onboarding experience
- Experience in SaaS, product management, or related field
- 2+ Year experience in a customer-facing role (such as Sales Development, Customer Success, or Account Management)
- Experience with delivering presentations to groups of various sizes and seniority levels, from end-users to executives
- Experience in problem-solving and engagement with a variety of customer types
- Experience with setting independent business goals
- Knowledge of Salesforce and other Customer Success tools are preferred
- Product Management experience is preferred
You can look forward to the following benefits:
- Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
- 5 weeks of vacation + sick days
- 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
- Team events, such as off-sites and retreats
- Shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
Productboard Toastmasters Club
Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.