- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
We believe messaging should be built for productivity, not engagement. We see attention as an increasingly precious resource that all products and tools should preserve. Everything we do is driven by deep respect for the user’s time and ability to focus, and we are looking for talented and compassionate people to help us build both the future of communication, as well as a wonderful place to work.
What You’ll Do:
We have built our native Android app from the ground up in Kotlin, and aim to build a world-class team and mobile experience—with a careful eye towards the differences our mobile apps should have from the desktop client. The codebase also already makes use of a Kotlin Multiplatform library, which we hope to use for native shared code with iOS down the road.
- Experience building software for Android with outstanding polish and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Kotlin is a plus, but not strictly required
- An instinct for crafting readable, maintainable, extensible, and testable code
- Understanding of and dedication to user experience and product quality
- Eagerness to collaborate with the broader team on new features and improvements, and the ability to incorporate and build on the ideas of others
- A demonstrated commitment to continued learning and growth (for yourself and your teammates)
Benefits & Perks
- Top-tier health, dental, and vision benefit plans
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work schedule
- Reimbursable home-office expenses
- Sixteen weeks paid family leave for new moms and dads
Quill is an equal opportunity employer. We value inclusion and diversity, and are working to actively foster both in the company we are building. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with local city and state guidelines.