- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
We believe messaging should be built for productivity, not engagement. We see attention as an increasingly precious resource that all products and tools should protect, not exploit. Everything we do is driven by deep respect for the user’s time and ability to focus, and we are looking for talented and compassionate people to help us build both the future of communication, as well as a wonderful place to work.
What You’ll Do:
Teams will come to rely on Quill as a fundamental part of how they operate on a daily (and even minute-by-minute) basis. Product engineering is focused on developing the server-side support for our desktop web app and native mobile clients.
We use Go and Kubernetes on Google Cloud, and are going to push the boundaries of what’s possible with our third-party integrations, unlock novel features across all clients, and accelerate product velocity for the whole company.
- Experience building and deploying high-availability software at scale (technologies and process/tools)
- API design and development
- A keen awareness of how APIs translate into real user experience, and client engineers’ ability to deliver that experience (consistency across clients, round trips, error handling and recovery, feature flags and analytics, localization, etc.)
- An instinct for crafting readable, maintainable, extensible, and testable code
- Understanding of and dedication to user experience and product quality
- Eagerness to collaborate with the broader team on new features and improvements, and the ability to incorporate and build on the ideas of others
- A demonstrated commitment to continued learning and growth (for yourself and your teammates)
Benefits & Perks
- Top-tier health, dental, and vision benefit plans
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work schedule
- Reimbursable home-office expenses
- Sixteen weeks paid family leave for new parents
Quill is an equal opportunity employer. We value inclusion and diversity, and we’re working to actively foster both in the company we are building. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status, and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with local city and state guidelines.