- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Data Science
At Raisin Bank teams work with agile methods. The product teams are composed of a product owner, one or multiple business analysts, software engineers and additional cross functional roles as required for the team to be truly autonomous.
At the moment we are building a new team for a business intelligence product and want to hire experienced data engineers for this effort.
The team has the advantage of starting out greenfield, while at the same time being encouraged to rely on the mentorship and support of the existing BI engineers within the Raisin group, to achieve a solution that creates the highest value. The team members at Raisin bank are from different international, technical and academic backgrounds. Diversity in all areas is important to us at Raisin Bank as we are convinced that it is the foundation for a positive group dynamic and team spirit.
It is part of the daily team life to support others with your expertise and get help from other team members in the areas you are less experienced. It is also common to interact with other teams in the Raisin group, also no technical teams with finance focus, so flexibility and a customer first approach are key concepts within our teams.
- Applying your Data Engineering skills to plan, build, deliver and monitor a BI product for Raisin Bank in an on-site, agile team environment with a state of the art cloud-based tech stack.
- Creating and optimizing data pipelines using, for example, Python, Airflow and Snowflake (in use for other solutions at Raisin).
- Researching new solutions for moving the ETL process forward and dealing with growing data volumes, speed and availability
- Researching new solutions for automatizing processes and communications with other teams
- Bachelors in Mathematics, Computer Science or other relevant quantitative fields
- Strong analytical and quantitative approach to problems
- Solid programming experience in Python and knowledge in boto3 package
- Knowledge of AWS products such as S3 and Lambda
- Solid work experience with SQL and Databases
- Experience with Bash and Git
- Eagerness and hunger to learn - on the job learning
- Comfortable in a dynamic and changing environment - strong inclination to take responsibility for your work
- You are an excellent team player with fluent communication skills in German and English
- Join our mission, join our team - and grow with us!
- Exciting partnerships and projects in the banking and start-up scene
- Dynamic environment, short lines of communication, agile way of working
- Flexible working hours and 30 days vacation incl. Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off
- Collegial interaction and supportive learning environment
- Promotion of company pension scheme and capital-forming benefits
- Subsidization of travel costs / RMV ticket or DB ticket
- Meal allowance for daily lunch
- Group-wide onboarding days in Berlin
- A diverse team of experts to learn from and inspire each other
- Apply for this position
We are Raisin, a dynamic and fast-growing fintech company with its headquarters in Berlin. Together, we built a marketplace offering our customers simple, transparent access to deposits across Europe. In addition, in Germany, we also provide ETF portfolios as well as pension products. In the US, we are also offering a Savings as a Service model for bank partners.
We raised more than € 195 million in funding from investors including Goldman Sachs, PayPal Ventures, Index Ventures, btov Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Orange Digital Ventures and Thrive Capital.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.