- Date Posted
- Nov. 21, 2021
- Data Science
Being one of the most critical functions in the company, the Data Engineering team is a part of the Data organization at Raisin DS and is primarily responsible for architecture, design, development and management of the data warehouse, data structures and processes required for reporting and analytics. Working with the Analytics team, the Data Engineering team is responsible for building and managing the BI semantic layer and driving governance and standardization in reporting across the company.
Deliver and manage the data warehousing aspects of business intelligence and analytics. This includes the capability to architect, design, develop and support data extraction, transformation and orchestration processes in addition to data modelling and performance optimization on the data warehouse.
Work with the analytics team to design and develop the BI tool semantic layer from an engineering perspective (modelling, performance optimization etc...)
- Lead and manage people/teams of data engineers. Mentor junior individuals and help them develop their skills as required. Plan, delegate and regulate work load within the team.
- Work with other teams in the organization (upstream application tech teams and stakeholders) to plan the roadmap for the data organization and execute accordingly.
- Execute proofs of concept to test and evaluate new tools and technologies relevant to business intelligence and analytics and propose adoption wherever necessary.
- Solid experience in SQL and knowledge of Python programming.
- Bachelors in Mathematics, Computer Science or other relevant quantitative fields.
- Strong analytical and quantitative approach to problems.
- Experience in leading teams is advantageous.
- Knowledge of Data Engineering best practices in Data Quality, Observability, etc.
- Comfortable in dynamic and changing environment - strong inclination to take responsibility for your work.
- Eagerness and hunger to learn - on the job learning.
Join our mission, join our team - and grow with us!
At Raisin DS, we care about each other and it is one of our top priorities to foster an open and caring environment in which everyone feels welcome and comfortable. Our culture is strongly driven by our ambitious team, which, connects more than 40 different nationalities.
- As part of our team in Berlin, you will benefit from
- Relocation and visa support as well as a relocation reimbursement
- Personal training budget of 1,700 € and four full training days
- Free choice of hardware
- Flexible working hours, home office and 28 vacation days
- Enjoy more than 50+ different sports with Urban Sports Club: We subsidize your membership with more than 20 € per month
- We offer you a company pension scheme (Betriebliche Altersvorsorge), which we support with 20 %
- Enjoy yearly company retreats to exciting European cities and other team events, such as Lunch Lottery, Tech Lunch, Xletix and Raisin Ladies Events
- Apply for this position
We are Raisin DS, a dynamic and fast-growing fintech company that is a trailblazer for open banking in the savings and investments space.
As one of the most successful European fintech companies, we built award-winning marketplaces to help customers gain better access to competitive savings, investment, and pension products. Combined, our brands Raisin, WeltSparen, SaveBetter, Savedo, and Zinspilot, serve over half a million direct customers from over thirty European markets and the U.S.
Additionally, we partner with more than 400 banks and financial services providers to help them source stable and secure deposit funding and also enable them to offer third-party products to their customers.
Raisin DS was formed in June 2021 through the merger of leading fintech companies Deposit Solutions and Raisin. We are backed by renowned international investors such as Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, Greycroft, Headline/e.ventures, Index Ventures, Kinnevik, PayPal Ventures, Thrive Capital, Top Tier Capital Partners, Ribbit Capital, and Vitruvian Partners, as well as Peter Thiel.
We are headquartered in Berlin, and also have offices in Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Madrid, Manchester, Milan, New York, Paris, and Zurich.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.