- Vancouver, WA
- Date Posted
- Nov. 21, 2021
Raisin UK is the UK operation of Raisin DS GmbH (raisin.com). A trailblazer for open banking and the leading pan-European one-stop-shop for online savings and investments. Founded in 2013, the Berlin-based FinTech startup is a business model that the Wall Street Journal describes as “So brilliant that customers cannot say no”.
Raisin DS GmbH has quickly grown to become one of the largest financial technology companies in Europe. Since launch, Raisin has brokered over 30 billion EUR for more than 315,000 customers in 31 European countries and over 100 partner banks. Raisin is named as one of Europe’s top five fintechs by the renowned FinTech50 awards and is backed by investors such as PayPal, Goldman Sachs, Thrive Capital, Orange Digital Ventures, Index Ventures and Ribbit Capital.
Based in Manchester, the Raisin UK business was established in 2012 as PBF Solutions and became part of Raisin DS in September 2017. We are a small team of 34, usually based in the heart of Manchester City Centre, but now hybrid working operating a minimum or two days a week in the office (Wednesday being our core day) and remotely at home. Over the past 4 years the UK team have built a client portfolio of over 20 partner banks and building societies, helping them to raise savings and acquire new customers. We do this through a combination of customer acquisition technology together with proven online product marketing and distribution. As Raisin UK we have helped our partners raise over £1 billion of new deposits and have on-boarded over 50,000 new consumers through our platforms.
Following the acquisition by Raisin DS GmbH, we have the financial backing and remit to substantially grow our operations across the UK thus allowing us to build upon Raisin’s reputation as the leading marketplace for savings and investments throughout Europe.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, Data Protection and MLRO this role will support with all 2nd line responsibilities in relation to compliance, financial crime, data protection and risk. You will also be responsible for leading and developing the firm’s compliance monitoring program and ensuring the firm is meeting relevant compliance training requirements.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting with the review and development of the firm’s policies, procedures, systems and controls to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Owning and developing the firm’s compliance training provision, ensuring all staff complete appropriate training. Providing ad-hoc bespoke training where necessary.
- Owning, developing and executing the firm’s compliance monitoring plan which will include reviews into all areas of the firm’s business model from High Risk customers and partners to Financial Promotions.
- Monitoring the firm’s Financial Promotions, ensuring compliance with relevant regulation and providing feedback to other stakeholders when needed.
- Supporting the growth, implementation and embedding of the firm’s Risk Management Framework including carrying out periodic Financial Crime Risk Assessments and High Risk account reviews.
- Supporting the firm’s 1st line business streams with specific and helpful guidance relating to compliance matters (including data protection, risk and financial crime).
- Carrying out thematic and deep-dive reviews in line with business needs including supporting business development and technology functions with specific compliance guidance in relation to the creation of new products and partnerships.
- Assisting with regulatory reporting and other applications or contact with regulators and law enforcement.
- Conducting regulatory horizon scanning and reporting to relevant stakeholders including Senior Management.
Essential skills and requirements
- 2+ years’ of relevant and demonstrable experience in 2nd line compliance for a UK regulated financial institution, ideally in a generalist role (which includes financial crime) and in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong and technical understanding of relevant local laws and regulations for compliance and financial crime including working knowledge of FSMA, the MLRs, latest MLD’s and JMLSG along with experience of translating regulation into effective policy.
- Financial services compliance experience specifically relating to investments and retail banking, with particular regard to the relevant sections of the Financial Conduct Authority handbook and the rules surrounding Financial Promotions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to break down complex issues into understandable and accessible forms.
- Adaptability in a fast-paced, scaling environment including providing helpful and solution focused advice with a willingness to get involved in the detail at all levels.
- A background of developing and leading compliance monitoring and compliance training programmes.
- Risk management experience including embedding risk management frameworks into small organisations.
- Experience of communicating with the Board, Senior Management, Regulators and Law Enforcement.
- Experience with operating the FCA’s regulatory reporting and application tools.
- Educational &/or working experience in Law, Finance, Business Administration or Audit, preferably at Degree level or higher.
- Must have right to work in the UK.
- Advanced MS (Word & Excel), G Suite and Macbook skills
- Experience in a high growth, regulated financial services environment
- Completed a recognised UK compliance qualification
- Data Protection experience including knowledge of the UK GDPR and ICO requirements.
Join our mission, join our team - and grow with us!
At Raisin DS we take care of each other and one of our top priorities is to create an open and friendly atmosphere in which everyone feels welcome and comfortable.
- As part of the Raisin UK team, you benefit from
- Investment in your development with an annual personal training budget of £1,500 and four training days to undertake your training.
- Always hungry? Breakfast, snacks, daily fresh fruit and drinks are at your disposal around the clock
- We are hybrid working, we are in the office twice a week, giving the team the opportunity to collaborate and spend time together. Wednesday is our core day in the office.
- We offer 25 days + Bank Holidays of holiday a year
- One day birthday leave to celebrate your birthday
- We offer you a company stakeholder pension
- The opportunity to experience our annual retreats in exciting European cities and other team building events
- Apply for this position
We are Raisin DS, a dynamic and fast-growing fintech company that is a trailblazer for open banking in the savings and investments space.
As one of the most successful European fintech companies, we built award-winning marketplaces to help customers gain better access to competitive savings, investment, and pension products. Combined, our brands Raisin, WeltSparen, SaveBetter, Savedo, and Zinspilot, serve over half a million direct customers from over thirty European markets and the U.S.
Additionally, we partner with more than 400 banks and financial services providers to help them source stable and secure deposit funding and also enable them to offer third-party products to their customers.
Raisin DS was formed in June 2021 through the merger of leading fintech companies Deposit Solutions and Raisin. We are backed by renowned international investors such as Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, Greycroft, Headline/e.ventures, Index Ventures, Kinnevik, PayPal Ventures, Thrive Capital, Top Tier Capital Partners, Ribbit Capital, and Vitruvian Partners, as well as Peter Thiel.
We are headquartered in Berlin, and also have offices in Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Madrid, Manchester, Milan, New York, Paris, and Zurich.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.