- Date Posted
- Sep. 8, 2021
- Data Science
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As a Data Analyst at Rec Room, you will focus on analyzing the performance of features from our Community team and recommending actions to improve that performance. You’ll use the data to predict user behavior. You’ll communicate those predictions to team leads to help them shape future features toward delighting players and building a sustainable business.
- Work with designers to answer questions and suggest features or feature changes to improve product performance
- Proactively find patterns and anomalies in the data to help us seize opportunities and avoid catastrophes
- Use data and visualization to tell a compelling story to educate and inform stakeholders on the best path for future product development
- Design, implement, and communicate results of tests to improve the product
- Evaluate the performance of new features and content
- Effectively write, present, and communicate research results and recommendations
- Continually enhance our data analysis practice
We are looking for individuals with:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or a related discipline
- 3+ years of data analyst or data scientist experience
- Experience working on consumer-focused product
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience with a variety of analytics tools (e.g., Amplitude, Tableau, deltaDNA, Mixpanel)
- Experience with manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume data
- The ability to work autonomously in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments.
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with live services and rapid-deployment
- Experience with social, marketplace or e-commerce data
Company info to know:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.