- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Design & UI
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As a Live Ops Designer at Rec Room, you will be responsible for the game’s storefronts. You will collaborate with other members of the econ team to design and implement events, promotions, and updates to our store content. Through those efforts you will balance driving company revenue with keeping players happy and engaged in the long term.
- Plan, design, and implement events and promotions to drive revenue
- Plan, design, and implement regular updates to our in-game storefronts
- Maintain our reward systems
- Work with analyst to split test promotions
- Work with artists to devise new items and new types of items to sell
- Use a mix of data and player feedback to test and iterate on live features
We’re looking for individuals with:
- 2+ years of game design experience
- Experience with live ops, monetization, and/or economy design
- A portfolio including shipped games
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to onboard and work remotely, until we return to the office, located in Seattle, WA
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience designing games as a service
- Experience designing games on a variety of platforms
- A strong user lens - the ability to see the game through players’ eyes
- The ability to work autonomously in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments.
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
Company info to know:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec room respects employee’s personal lives and we value work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to ensure a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.