- Date Posted
- Jul. 12, 2021
- Design & UI
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all!
As a Game Designer at Rec Room you will work at all levels of the design process - from building consensus and inspiring people toward goals to crafting systems, content, and user-experiences of individual features. You will collaborate across disciplines and teams through all phases of the design process. And you will balance the needs of the company, your team, and most importantly the players.
- Own and drive visual development for new and existing cross-platform features end to end: Initial wireframes through iteration, and implementation.
- Design new features that work well across a variety of diverse platforms (e.g., mobile, VR, consoles, etc.)
- Utilize a broad range of game design techniques to deliver engaging pro-social features to our player community.
- Transform your ideas into well-thought-out designs, clearly communicated with just enough documentation, flows, and spreadsheets.
- Use a mix of data and player feedback to test and iterate on live features
We are looking for individuals with:
- 2+ years of game design experience specializing in UI/UX
- 2+Years experience with Unity especially UI prefabs and implementing menu layouts
- Experience designing engagement and social mechanics in games
- A strong user lens - the ability to see the game through players’ eyes
- Advanced understanding of user experience fundamentals, (i.e. establishing visual hierarchies, Information organization, calls to action and screen flow)
- Understanding of basic art fundamentals, such as, color theory, shape language, readability, values, et al.
- The ability to work collaboratively in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments.
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good remote work habits and the ability to thrive in a decentralized team environment
Bonus points if you have:
- Shipped game or mobile app experience as an UI Artist/Designer
- Experience laying out and building prefabs using Unity’s UI components
- Motion graphics experience for conveying designs and flows with motion mockups
- A systems design background
- Experience designing games for mobile/touch devices
- Experience with Illustrator & Photoshop to create icons, and UI assets.
- Experience with live services and rapid-deployment
- VR interaction experience
Company info to know
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.