- Date Posted
- Aug. 10, 2021
- Design & UI
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! We are looking for a Senior UI Interaction Engineer to work on our core game features and player experience. In this role, you will architect and build UI systems for delightful interactions across multiple platforms (i.e. mobile, console, PC, and VR).
In this role you will:
- Design, build, and maintain UI/UX features that are scalable and extensible
- Collaborate closely with design to prototype and iterate on intuitive and delightful interactions across a wide variety of input devices (touch, VR, game controller, keyboard/mouse)
- Design and implement modifications, extensions, and optimizations to our existing UI framework
- Provide suggestions and feedback on proposed UI designs and flows
- Source, filter, and implement player feedback directly from Rec Room’s community
- Work autonomously and iteratively to improve the player experience on a variety of platforms
- Collaborate with other teams and disciplines across all phases of development
We are looking for the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional experience as a UI Engineer or similar role
- Experience working with Unity’s built-in UI system
- Passion for UX design, game feel and high-quality player feedback
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, autonomous, and ambiguous environment
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with interaction and UX design on mobile, console, and/or VR platforms.
- Experience working with localization and internationalization systems
- Experience profiling and optimizing runtime gameplay code
- Experience with analytics gathering and A/B testing
Company info to know:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Rec Room strives to be an inclusive place for people from all walks of life. We support employees with competitive benefits, leave options, and unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.