- United States
- Washington, DC
- Date Posted
- Sep. 30, 2021
- Design & UI
Rec Room is a virtual social app where you play and create games with friends. We are looking for a Sr. Gameplay Engineer to work on our in-game User-Generated Content (UGC) and support creators in all phases of building while fostering a fun and inclusive community. As a Sr. Gameplay Engineer you will build the creative tools players use to make their own games and spaces within Rec Room across multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR).
In this role you will:
- Design and implement the systems that keep our creative ecosystem up and running
- Build UGC tools and eco-systems
- Work autonomously, driving large projects with multiple developers, making sure the team delivers quality features on time and on budget
- Collaborate with teams across Rec Room to build great new technology for our players
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping production-ready C-family code (e.g. C#, C++)
- 2+ years of experience shipping on multiplayer or social games (e.g., MMO)
- Experience working with game engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Experience working on a live online service
- Experience building UGC tools or systems
- A background in Augmented and/or Virtual Reality technologies (e.g., HTC Vive, Steam VR, Oculus Rift, etc.)
Company info to know:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec room respects employees’ personal lives and we value work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to ensure a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.