- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Design & UI
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! Our mission is to ensure that Rec Room is a fun and welcoming environment for people from all walks of life.
When they’re not playing Rec Room, our community can interact with each other on our website, rec.net. As a Web Developer, you will design, build, and deploy the website that interacts with and delights Rec Room players throughout the day.
In this role you will
- Work on rec.net - design, build, and deploy new features for desktop and mobile
- Continuously improve the look and feel of rec.net with a strong eye towards UX/UI and web interfaces
- Communicate effectively with various cross-discipline teams
- Work in a fast-paced, autonomous, and ambiguous environment
- Learn, grow, improve and help others be better
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience as a web developer and/or working in web development
- Designing and building responsive websites that look good on all devices
- Strong eye for UI/UX & design of web interfaces
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if you are
- Experienced with TypeScript and Redux
- Familiar with online communities in the games space
- Experienced with web analytics tools
- Experienced with or knowledgeable of Entity Framework, C#, and/or .NET
- Experienced with testing frameworks such as Mocha or Jest
- Experienced with integration of social media functionality into consumer-facing websites
Company info to know
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.