- Date Posted
- Dec. 25, 2021
- Product Engineering
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As a Product Data Scientist at Rec Room, you will use data to be an advocate for our players. Your insights into what users are doing on the platform will inform the kinds of features and products we build. You’ll be equal parts investigator and storyteller, shaping experiences towards delighting players and building a sustainable business.
As we scale, our Product Data Scientists will embed within individual teams, allowing you to develop deep context and empower you to provide strategic value. You might be helping the econ team think through how to scale the buyer and builder ecosystem, or helping the growth team think through how to give users more reason to return to the app. You might also help the User Generated Content team think through how to enable creators to build the best products, or the social team how to make a player’s experience more meaningful. The questions and potential for impact are huge.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our designers and developers to understand what users are doing on the platform. Broadly communicate those findings to the immediate team and beyond.
- Develop and validate hypotheses to further our understanding of user needs.
- Propose changes to our product roadmap based on quantitative insights.
- Structure thoughtfully designed A/B tests and up-level broader team through rigorous understanding of test results.
- Contribute as needed to improve overall infrastructure - including building pipelines, data documentation, and dashboarding.
- Work with the ML team as needed to develop novel features and understand performance.
We are looking for individuals with:
- A Bachelor’s or Masters in Math, CS, or related field
- 3+ years of product analytics experience, with a proven track record of deriving insights that lead to product changes
- Very strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience with Python or R is a plus
- Experience with manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume data
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Effective communicator with the ability to distill complex concepts into easily digestible insights
Company info to know:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.