- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Product Engineering
Rec Room is looking for a talented Sr. Product Manager of Customer Growth & Lifecycle to lead and execute development of feature initiatives to grow and improve Rec Room’s user base and lifecycle. In this role, you will own the development of new features, define product growth strategy, and analyze game data - all in order to increase player growth and retention within Rec Room. You should have experience driving growth in a successful free to play mobile game. This person will work closely with and provide direction to Game Designers, Economy Designers, Media Buyers, and Data Analytics.
- Product Growth & Lifecycle Strategy - Owning product growth strategy, defining features, and crafting roadmaps that drive growth to the business; and satisfy players.
- Analytical Thinking - Expert proficiency of game metrics that are used to form hypotheses, and creates experiments with clear measurable goals.
- Product Management - Effortlessly able to communicate relevant KPIs and updates to key stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Self Starter - Leads and facilitates teams with little direction and no help. Understands/utilizes all partners needed to consult on product decisions.
- Inspire - Ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence, and demonstrating a full understanding of what your products need to grow.
- Communication & Execution - Expert at setting expectations, and consistently manages projects to deadlines while avoiding unneeded crunch.
- Written Communication - Writes clear and thorough specs for complex features, including areas that require cross-functional knowledge/collaboration, with few errors.
- Analytical Thinking - Analyzes data, builds automated reports, and works with the Analytics team to get all necessary data at the right time to manage game metrics.
- Analytical Thinking - Proficient at leading analysis for new initiatives, pulling and assessing data from multiple sources, and generating non-obvious insights.
- Live-Ops Management - Ability to manage a full live-ops event calendar to maximize revenue and keep players engaged through balancing and optimizations.
- Team Leadership - Works with game teams to identify, test, and measure highest-impact product changes to drive positive revenue, reach and retention enhancements.
- PM Leadership - Able to manage and mentor PM’s and Junior PM’s.
- Proficient Researcher - Able to successfully lead player interviews, perform AB tests, and perform usability testing without bias.
- Operational Efficiencies - Identifies tools and capabilities Rec Room needs and work with technical teams to build, refine, and constantly improve our tools and capabilities
- You love games! You have a passion for creating new game features and playing games.
- 3-5+ years of experience in F2P games and/or mobile app product management.
- Personality and constitution suited for a rapidly evolving startup environment.
- Has worked independently and managed a complete project from concept to completion.
- Expert level quantitative and analytical skills; the ability to derive conclusions from data and clearly communicate findings is critical.
- Expert level experience with writing SQL queries for analysis.
- Expert level organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Has managed direct reports in the past
Nice to have
- Game design and/or UI/UX background and experience.
- Python and/or scala familiarity.
- In-depth knowledge on how data pipelines work.
Company info to know
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.