- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Product Management
Rec Room is looking for an experienced Sr. Product Marketing Manager who will be responsible for coordinating, developing, and preparing product marketing plans for Rec Room. This role will work closely with a group of cross functional teams to coordinate the planning of any consumer facing promotions. The ideal candidate can manage multiple projects and ensure each promotion is tied to wider marketing strategies. We want a stellar communicator and an analytical problem-solver. It’s important to understand where the market is headed and the needs of our customers to refine our products and messaging. This position is reporting to the Head of Marketing, to ensure that all activities maximize marketability and engagement, are tuned for organic growth, and employ key growth strategies to scale audience and revenue worldwide.
- Create, lead and execute go-to-market, engagement & retention strategies in close coordination with fellow marketing colleagues (i.e. Creative, Performance Marketing) and cross-functional partners such as Production, Product Management, Publishing, PR, etc.
- Develop the brand strategy, including positioning, key messaging, and visual identity that help our games stand out in the marketplace
- Be a source of expertise to the team with deep knowledge of the Rec Room brand
- Drive cross-functional collaboration with internal Game Team, Product Team, UA, Consumer Insights, Publishing, Social Media, Communications and IP partners to develop focused integrated marketing campaigns in alignment with product roadmap
- Establish strong relationships with game studios and central teams to develop a deep understanding of the product live ops and to build seamless and successful product campaigns
- Develop and lead day-to-day relationships with licensing partners, managing ongoing approvals. Cultivate relationship to effectively collaborate, problem solve, and maximize co-marketing opportunities
- Identify KPIs and measure the effectiveness of campaigns and implement improvements where necessary
- Stay up-to-date on market trends, and competitor marketing practices and capabilities
- Oversee Product Marketing budget and maximize effectiveness of campaigns within budget
- Synthesize marketing initiatives, insights, and viewpoints into C-level strategy materials for the leadership teams
- 5+ years experience in Video/Mobile Game or Digital Media Product Marketing, mobile/pc/console free to play is a huge plus
- Proven track record building brands and audiences and successfully bringing them to market
- Experience operating across the full marketing mix; including but not limited to: digital marketing, TV media, trailer production, campaign development, consumer insights, social media/community, performance marketing,, influencer marketing, and brand partnerships.
- Ability to analyze game and marketing KPIs, interpret data, and drive recommendations
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Self-starter with a willingness to think outside of the box and challenge the status quo to launch games that become globally recognizable brands
- Must be confident, organized, professional, creative, innovative and possess drive
- Must be able to adapt to rapidly shifting priorities in fast-paced environment
Nice to have
Passion for gaming and gaming communities!
Company info to know
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.