- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Software Engineering
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! Our mission is to ensure that Rec Room is a fun and welcoming environment for people from all walks of life. We are hiring a Sr. Software Engineer or Sr. Game Developer to expand and build tools that allow players to sell their creations via our in-game economy.
- Build the tools and systems that allow creators to sell wares via the in-game economy
- Proactively prototype new ideas and solutions
- Use metrics to track feature performance and inform design decisions
- Build robust systems and tools that can stand up to malicious actors
- Contribute creatively to the game and economy design process
- Work on a wide variety of features and systems cross collaboratively with other teams as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of game development experience – we want to see shipped games (small/indie games are fine)
- 1+ year(s) experience with Unity, Unreal, or a similar game engine
- Fluency in C#
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, ambiguous development environment.
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Ability to work out of our Seattle, WA office (and remotely until the WA State stay home order is lifted)
- Robust interaction design & implementation skills
- Experience with live services and rapid-deployment
- Experience with metrics/telemetry
- Experience with and passion for in-game economies
- Experience with and passion for design
Company info to know:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.