- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Software Engineering
Rec Room is a virtual social club where you play and create games with friends. Our mission is to ensure that Rec Room is a fun and welcoming environment for people from all walks of life. We are building games, user-generated content, and tools that allow our players to make their own games, spaces and sell their creations across multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR).
We are offering early-career Software Development positions starting in the summer of 2021. Early-career roles are for people with less than 12 months of relevant work experience. It provides employees the opportunity to build community among themselves and a mentor and a structured onboarding project. There are various positions available across different teams, ranging from in-game content, community, social, and server development.
Examples of things you could work on:
- Build the tools that allow creators to sell wares via the in-game economy
- Design and build creative tools that players use to build within Rec Room collaboratively
- Build distributed systems and backend game features in Azure
- Develop social gaming features that connect players in meaningful ways
- Build robust systems and tools that can stand up to malicious actors
- Contribute creatively to the game design process
- Work on a wide variety of features and systems cross collaboratively with other teams
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or equivalent
- Experience building games (school projects or small/indie games are great)
- Experience using and/or familiarity with Unity, Unreal, or a similar game engine
- Fluency in C#
- Experience or an interest in a career in gaming
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and work collaboratively
- Bonus points if you have:
- A strong understanding of distributed systems
- Experience with Azure or Web Services
- Strong interaction design & implementation skills
- Experience with live services and rapid-deployment
- Experience with metrics/telemetry
- Experience with and passion for in-game economies
- Experience with and passion for User Generated Content
- Experience with and passion for design
Company info to know:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to ensure be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.