- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Software Engineering
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Games Server Team, to build out new features and help our players connect in more meaningful ways!
In this role you will:
- Design, build, implement and maintain significant portions of the backend services, ensuring they are operationally sound
- Work autonomously, solving technical design and development problems
- Lead and mentor junior software engineers
- Collaborate with teams across Rec Room to build great new technology for our players.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience writing production distributed systems or cloud services using C#
- 2+ year(s) experience working with relational databases (i.e., SQL)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Ability to onboard and work remotely, until we return to the office, located in Seattle, WA
Bonus points if you have:
- Knowledge of synchronization techniques in stateless distributed systems, and experience building RESTful API backend services
- Experience with Entity Framework, ASP.NET
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud services
- Experience working on backend services for social networks
- Experience with Game Development and Game Engines (preferably Unity)
- Experience with Personalization or Machine Learning
- Experience with non-relational database/storage technology (i.e., NoSQL, blob storage, etc.)
Company info to know:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Rec room inc strives to be an inclusive place for people from all walks of life. We support employees with competitive benefits, leave options, and unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.