- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Software Engineering
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As a Senior Software Engineer, you will build systems, interactions, and mechanics that are delightful, reliable, and performant across multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR). You will also contribute cross-functionally to a wide variety of features and tools in an agile environment.
In this role you will:
- Design, build, implement, and maintain significant portions of our core game systems across multiple platforms.
- Work autonomously to solve technical design and development problems across the team.
- Contribute creatively by being involved in the design process and proactively prototyping new ideas and solutions.
- Work on a wide variety of features and systems.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across Rec Room to build great new technology for our players.
We are looking for individuals with:
- 3+ years of professional interactive 3D software or games development experience
- Strong problem solving and algorithm development skills
- Experience with rendering, memory, or performance optimization
- Experience debugging complex, multi-threaded systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in networking and multiplayer concepts
- Fluency in C#
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or a similar game engine
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Ability to onboard and work remotely, until we return to the office, located in Seattle, WA
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience with live services and rapid-deployment
- Experience with modern gaming consoles and/or mobile game development
- Experience developing for multiple hardware platforms
- Experience with and passion for design
Company Info to Know:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec room values work-life balance and provides unlimited paid time off. We work hard to ensure Rec Room is a fun and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.