- Date Posted
- Sep. 22, 2021
- Business Intelligence
- Future Of Work
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
- We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
- We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Benefits Analyst joining our Global Benefits team. The Benefits Analyst is responsible for cultivating a great reputation as an employer and driving operational initiatives that will ultimately improve the Global Benefits team and employee experience. In working closely with the Manager, Global Benefits and other team members across Remote, the Benefits Analyst will provide analytical, administrative, and technical support in the delivery of the benefit programs across the globe.
- 3+ years of experience in the insurance industry, specifically in employee welfare benefits
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to develop strong relationships with team members
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize high volume and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to interact with associates, clients and vendors at all levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ability to learn other programs as required
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Business-related field or equivalent experience in the insurance industry is considered a nice-to-have
- Under general supervision, provides analytical, administrative, and technical support in the delivery of the benefit programs to ensure smooth administration of plans and coverages.
- Audit, process and reconcile invoices from insurance providers; submit invoices to AP for timely payment.
- Manage data entry of benefit election changes as needed (family status changes, administrative issues).
- Work with internal team members and brokers to pull data necessary for government compliance activities (5500s, audits, etc.) completion.
- Assist with open enrollment preparation and administration of all new or revised benefit programs.
- Support compliance with applicable government regulations by monitoring new requirements and recommending process changes.
- Monitor and audit benefit enrollment data.
- Support the administration of US-related benefits such as COBRA, FSA and HSA compliance and work closely with vendors to ensure accuracy.
- Write and/or update procedures and other documentation regarding benefits.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You’ll report to: Director of Benefits
- Team: Operations - Payroll and Benefits
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible