- Date Posted
- Sep. 22, 2021
- Design & UI
- Future Of Work
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews left by other candidates and our employees on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
- We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
- We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a UX Researcher, joining our Design team.
Design is at the forefront of everything we do. As a UX Researcher you will reveal what our users need from our products by conducting research, working with cross-functional teams, and performing usability studies. You will also help provide actionable and meaningful data-driven insights that represent the voice of multiple users.
What you need to be successful:
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Have an understanding of strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including when and how to apply them as well as examples of utilization of these different methods.
- Experience with the whole product lifecycle — from early stage to launch and beyond.
- Have excellent survey design and analysis skills.
- Ability to quickly and effectively share research results.
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks including research, planning, evaluating, and iteration.
- Passionate, positive and problem-solving attitude.
- Knowledge or experience in a relevant field that studies human behavior, such as cognitive science, behavioral economics, anthropology, sociology, or psychology.
- Solid understanding of the design thinking process, as well as a passion and know-how for influencing design strategy.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- A kind, empathic and patient person.
- Someone who loves working with people and solving problems with them.
- One who cares deeply about diversity and inclusion.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
In this role, you will:
- Design, coordinate, and source participants for user research projects.
- Synthesize and present actionable insights to a variety of stakeholders.
- Reveal what the users need by conducting research, working with cross-functional teams, and performing usability studies. These responsibilities also include inspiring change, delivering oral and written presentations, evaluating qualitative and quantitative data, and helping the UX team better understand what would make a user’s experience more intuitive, accessible, and seamless.
- Experience in designing a user experience, able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as being responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes and testing.
- Mentor other researchers and designers and offer support and guidance to improve their understanding of customer needs and various research methods.
- Work closely with analytical teams to build an understanding of customer behavior to measure the performance of our products.
- Develop a well-crafted research plan with clear research objectives.
- Perform market and ethnographic research.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You’ll report to: Head of Design
- Team: Design
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible