- Date Posted
- Sep. 22, 2021
- Design & UI
- Future Of Work
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews left by other candidates and our employees on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
- We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
- We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a UX Writer, joining our Design team.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. As a UX Writer, you will work with a variety of UX design-related jobs including researchers, product managers, engineers, marketing, and customer operations to help establish connective language and a unified voice.
What you need to be successful:
- Have 5+ years of experience working as a UX writer or content strategist.
- As a stellar writer, your portfolio of work demonstrates content that simplifies and beautifies the overall user experience.
- Can edit existing work or create a new copy with input from stakeholders.
- Can write everything the user experience requires, including navigation items, button labels, tooltips, headlines, intro copy, error messages.
- You’re independent, proactive, and comfortable with ambiguity and problem-solving, and you have experience juggling multiple projects and prioritizing them to have the greatest impact for your team and the company.
- Experience with localization and accessibility best practices.
- Ability to critique the visual style, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences.
- Experience developing information architecture for complex documentation sets or product suites. Experience with localization and accessibility best practices.
- Work with writers across teams to define a cohesive narrative across the product.
- Ability to write in a range of styles and tones, from highly technical to informal prose.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- A kind, empathic and patient person.
- Someone who loves working with people and solving problems with them.
- One who cares deeply about diversity and inclusion.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
In this role, you will:
- Work with design, product, engineering and marketing, to create the words that guide Remote’s product experiences.
- Lead content audits to identify opportunities and drive consistency across the product.
- Shape (and scribe) user flows, interactions, messaging, and microcopy within product interfaces.
- Regularly use empathy, logic and data to inform content choices and recommendations that include the right words and sometimes complementary data and images.
- Explore user needs across the user experience, including UI text, in-product tutorials, APIs, and documentation.
- Write technical documentation for our ecosystem products.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You’ll report to: Head of Design
- Team: Design
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible