- Dewey, OK
- Date Posted
- Dec. 25, 2021
- Future Of Work
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the worldPlease check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
- We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
- We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a quickly developing team and make an immediate impact to the business as Manager, Payments.
The Global Payments Operations team ensures our employees and contractors worldwide get paid timely. The team focuses on automating global employee & contractor payments and works closely with International Expansion to implement new payments requirements as they arise. The Team also operationalizes new payment rails and implements comprehensive pay-in and pay-out solutions.
Communication and collaboration are essential because our team regularly interfaces with cross functional business partners to execute on both the day-to-day payment activities and long-term projects, all while being 100% remote!
- 5-6 years of global or regional payments experience, with focus on Operations
- Has successfully led bank integration projects via API or host-to-host connectivity, & implementation of automated payment files in ISO 20022 XML format
- Deep knowledge of banking regulations surrounding payment requirements across the globe
- Proven motivation and initiative to take ownership of project from discovery to resolution, set aggressive business goals, drive results, and meet tight deadlines
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength of yours
- Exceptional ability to communicate and foster positive business relationships
- Ability to establish milestones and keep all team members on task
- Experience in a high-growth start-up or large multi-national preferred
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Manage day-to-day payments operations workflow, serve as SME on payment execution queries raised by the business as well as Accounts Payable, payroll and tax teams
- Own global payment execution ensuring payments to employees and contractors are processed accurately and timely
- Lead integration effort with banking partners and payment providers. Operationalize new payment method execution
- Serve as escalation point on complex payment issues and ascertain processes are in place to minimize the number of payment processing issues
- Drive process improvements and efficiency solutions including automation of daily operations workflow processes
- Develop tools/metrics and dashboards to track performance of payments metrics
- Collaborate across multiple teams including Product, Engineering, Customer Success and Finance
- Keep abreast of the latest innovations in the Payments and KYC space. Help identify new sources of data that can allow Remote to route payments globally
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You’ll report to: Senior Manager, Global Payments Operations
- Team: FinTech
- Location: Anywhere in APAC
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no manager present)
- Interview with VP Finance
- Background Check
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Thank you!