- Date Posted
- Nov. 12, 2021
- Future Of Work
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
- We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
- We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Product Manager - Payroll, joining our Product team. You’ll have a massive impact on our organization, and will help create opportunities for millions of people around the world.
You’ll be working on the most fundamental part of our business: getting employees paid. As a key leader on one our payroll product teams, you’ll be creating a roadmap for making our payroll services at Remote more innovative and delightful.
As a Senior Product Manager - Payroll at Remote, you’ll be developing and guiding our strategy for one of our key product areas. You’ll advance this vision by working with a cross-functional engineering and design group to find our most important problems and shape iterative solutions towards them.
- Experience as product manager in a high-growth company
- Great judgment making both strategic (what to prioritize) and tactical (feature scope) decisions
- Driven demonstrable results by moving a product in the right direction
- A strong sense of design and UX
- A passion for products that just work, even if the problems they solve are boring and complicated
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- Business-level proficiency writing and speaking English
- Bonus: experience working in payroll, HR, benefits, fintech, or similar
- Bonus: experience working remotely
- Build solutions together with the rest of the team that solve for payroll, benefits, and other services Remote offers
- Own not just software implementation, but the end-to-end experience: Remote delivers value through services powered by both humans and software
- Drive Remote in the right direction by building an effective roadmap for your area of the product
- Ship improvements quickly and iteratively, challenging yourself and counterparts to find minimal solutions to problems
- Work together with engineers and designers to build intricate solutions to complex problems
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You’ll report to: Director of Product, Fintech
- Team: Product
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with a team member
- Interview with an engineering leader
- (async) Offer