- Date Posted
- Dec. 12, 2021
- Future Of Work
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
- We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
- We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Lifecycle Specialist, joining our Employee Lifecycle team.
As an empathetic, client-oriented problem-solver, the HR Operations Specialist (or Lifecycle Specialist as we call this internally), will ensure that all requests from Remote’s external employees and clients are performed effectively and speedily, so providing a superior, differentiating experience. They will also contribute to build new processes to serve the new needs of our employees and clients, as our customer base grows in maturity, complexity, and volume globally.
You will be reporting to Employee Lifecycle Manager.
- 3+ years of work experience in any of the following:
- HR operational experience across multiple countries, or:
- HR generalist experience across multiple countries.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to map processes.
- Team player who works independently and communicates proactively and positively.
- Is a productivity geek and will constantly think of ways to improve and speed up their work.
- Writes and speaks fluent English.
- Own and drive Employee Lifecycle standard operating procedures: employment documentation, contract management, time and attendance, offboarding.
- Provide subject matter expertise for internal and external queries on Employee Lifecycle matters.
- Continuously identify and implement ways to improve the employee journey and experience by engaging with employees and bringing perspective on best practices.
- Manage employee data and serve as subject matter expert on our product, ensuring information is current, kept safe and confidential.
- Support reporting, audit, compliance, and data integrity initiatives.
- Build strong partnerships with internal teams with a customer-first approach.
- Identify and implement improvements to the Employee Journey and Employee Experience.
- Identify automation and process improvement opportunities.
- Be an internal and external champion of Remote’s values and Lifecycle team’s goals.
- In your role, you will have the opportunity to develop strong expertise as international Employee Lifecycle Specialist, who is a subject matter expert in employee issues and employment statutory compliance in the countries we operate in.
- Check out https://remote.com/countries to see which countries.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You’ll report to: Manager, Employee Lifecycle
- Team: Operations
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Exercise Stage (async)
- Interview with Manager
- Interview with VP of Lifecycle Operations
- Background Check
- (async) Offer