- Pryor, OK
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Future Of Work
Remote is solving the world’s biggest remote employment problem. That is: How to hire anyone from anywhere, compliantly. Through our extensive (and growing) international network and suite of products, we are making it possible for every company to hire people in every country. Both as contractors, and also as fully legal, local employees, with all the benefits that come with that (learn more about how it works).
At Remote, we are driven by our #1 value, Kindness, and are proud to have a diverse and inclusive culture of people from 6 continents. More about how we work and our values in our public handbook.
About the role
This is an exciting time to join Remote and to make a personal difference in the global employment space as a People Onboarding Specialist in our People Team! As an empathetic problem-solver, the People Onboarding Specialist will contribute to all the opportunities that a quickly-growing startup has. All though we are Remote first, this specific position is most ideal for EMEA timezone, to ensure we keep scaling our team and add additional timezones to our team to support onboarding and the company wide people experience across all timezones. We will not be able to accept applications outside of this timezone for this role.
Key responsibilities are:
- Onboarding all Remote’s new hires internally, globally.
- Create employment agreements
- Provide support to all new hires and create a warm welcome into our environment
- Support payroll and benefit inquiries during the onboarding experience
- Continuously improve and evolve our onboarding process as we scale
- Review Onboarding survey results and utilise this feedback to improve the people and new hire experience
- Collaborate closely with the Hiring Managers to ensure they have the right training/ team-specific onboarding ready for their new hire
- Collaborate closely with the People team on all things people, onboarding and people engagement at Remote
In your role, you will have the opportunity to develop yourself as an experienced international Onboarding Specialist, who is astute in employee onboarding, employee benefits, and employment statutory compliance in every country that we operate in. Check out https://remote.com/countries to see which countries we are currently operational in - and where we will be soon!
- At least 2 years experience in onboarding in a People or HR team or People operations. If you have another type of onboarding experience, this will definitely be considered too
- Alignment to Remote's Values
- Exceptionally passionate about creating an amazing new hire and onboarding experience
- Able to self-enable, self-learn and work to work successfully asynchronous
- Good understanding of privacy surrounding people data
- High attention to detail
- Driven towards reducing manual work-load and help support and enable integrations and automation of tasks
- Ability to adapt in using applications like Notion, Asana and Juro
- Ability to adapt to a very fast-paced scaling environment
- Experience in onboarding new hires across a large amount of countries, is not required but a plus
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well (MacBook, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You’ll report to our Director of People
- Team: People team
- Location: Ideally anywhere within the EMEA timezone
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with a Peer (there might be one or two calls for this Peer interviews)
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don’t forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there’s a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!