- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Nov. 4, 2021
- Future Of Work
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about **how it works** - remote.com/how-it-works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook (remote.com/handbook) to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews left by other candidates and our employees on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
This particular position, due to its legal and compliance nature, must be based in the UK exclusively. You have to live and work in the UK if you join us for this role.
How we work
- We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
- We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Compliance Officer / MLRO joining our Remote Financial Services team.
- Residing in the UK (formal requirement)
- 5-8 year’s experience in the financial services industry (with at least 2-4 years of specific experience in various disciplines of regulatory compliance/AML-CTF and financial crime). This role requires a minimum of 4 years of work experience as per the local regulatory body.
- Enthusiastic about payments and disruptive technology; knowledge of PSD2 licensing and regulatory environment relevant to payment institutions
- Experience in acting as an MLRO at an Authorised Payment Institution
- Strong technical knowledge relating to compliance with UK and international AML-CTF requirements.
- Knowledgeable of the regulatory requirements and their legal basis in the EU/ UK
- Familiarity with automated transaction monitoring and onboarding tools used by fintechs
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to perform well under pressure, eager to learn and develop new skills, comfortable working with technical tools
- Team player with a good sense of humor
- Excellent skills with Google Sheets or Excel; ability to digest and analyze data and create visual reports on short notice
- Solid research, communications, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Relevant AML certification preferable, e.g. ACAMS
- Able to work remotely
- Nice to have - familiar with tools such as Slack, Asana, Notion, Google Suite
- Act as one of the Directors of the UK entity holding our local payment services licence
- Act as subject matter expert on transaction monitoring and investigations, including when required using monitoring tools, to monitor, detect, prevent and report on possible money laundering, terrorism financing, corruption and other suspicious activity
- Responsible for AML-CTF compliance providing oversight, control, support and coordination for AML-CTF compliance.
- Ensure that RFS UK complies with all applicable AML-CTF related laws, rules and regulations
- Ensure that appropriate measures are in place so that money laundering and terrorist financing risks are taken into account in RFS UK’s day-to-day operations.
- Conduct periodical risks assessments in relation money laundering and terrorist financing risks and advising RFS UK’s governing body/senior management on necessary actions to mitigate those risks.
- Conduct customer enhanced due diligence and investigations, and create internal reports and recommendations as necessary
- Develop and oversee internal procedures pertaining to merchant onboarding, monitoring, and suspicious activity reporting (SARs) as per local regulations
- Lead day-to-day process of evaluating, creating, and filing SARs to appropriate regulatory agencies, e.g. National Crime Agency in the UK
- Prepare data-driven internal management reports
- First point of contact for the FCA in the UK
- Assist the Director of Compliance with projects and tasks as assigned
- Participate in UK licensing project
- Local MLRO
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You’ll report to: Director of Risk and Compliance
- Team: Remote Financial Services
- Location: UK (mandatory)
- Start date: As soon as possible