- Toronto, CA
- Date Posted
- Nov. 12, 2021
- Future Of Work
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews left by other candidates and our employees on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
- We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
- We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal impact in the global employment space joining our Lifecycle Operations team as Director of Lifecycle Operations and Employee Relations.
As an inspiring leader, you will own the planning, implementation and overseeing of Remote’s entire Offboardings & Conversions services.
This role will work with large global teams, therefore a clear understanding of how to manage teams asynchronously, will be crucial to the success of these teams.
You will be reporting to the VP of Lifecycle Operations.
- You have 10+ years of working experience
- You have a very solid HR generalist experience across multiple countries
- You have a strong operational experience across multiple roles
- You have managed large teams, directly or indirectly reporting to you
- You have a customer-oriented approach, with a pragmatic personality
- You are passionate about accomplishing goals and ensuring quality
- You are passionate about team-work and developing people
- You are able to quickly adapt to a fast-paced, international, scale-up environment
- You write and speak fluent English
- You have remote work experience (nice to have)
- You have startup experience (nice to have)
- You speak multiple languages (nice to have)
- Directly responsible for everything offboardings & conversions in Remote
- Set and achieve quantifiable goals
- Hire & lead a high-performance team across the globe
- Closely collaborate within Operations so to maximise synergies
- Identify & execute on automation opportunities together with Product, Eng, Automation
- Improve & optimise on an on-going basis processes, workflows and tools
- Deliver great value to Remote’s employees and clients
- Spare no effort to coach & nurture Remote’s offboardings & conversions global team
- Collaborate across all Remote’s functions so to maximise coordination and minimise blockers
- Stay up-to-date with international labor and tax legislation re: offboardings & conversions
- Be able to go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up
- Be an internal and external champion of Remote’s values and Lifecycle team’s goals
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You’ll report to: VP of Lifecycle Operations
- Team: Lifecycle Operations
- Location: Anywhere in the world
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- (async) Exercise stage
- Interview with Director Operations
- Interview with VP Lifecycle Operations
- (async) Offer