- Date Posted
- Oct. 1, 2021
- Future Of Work
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews left by other candidates and our employees on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule. We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action.
- Build and lead the entity management operations that ensures Remote’s compliance with the numerous international, federal, state, and local requirements
- Assure compliance support in current entities (by region) working closely with Operations, Compliance, Legal and Finance teams.
- Build, coach and lead a high-performance entity management team aligned to Remote’s values
- Set-up and manage entity documentation, archival requirements with our entity management system.
- Manage and track corporate lifecycle activities, data, documents, calendars, communication, collaborations, and reporting future corporate actions for Remote’s entities
- Ensure systems and processes that enable secure access to entity records to internal and external stakeholders for transparency and compliance
- Ensure Remote entities stay updated with regulatory and statutory concerns to manage for liability risks for Remote’s directors, officers, managers and partners.
- Own strategic projects related to corporate governance, regulatory, engaging with local partners, regulators, law enforcement agencies, and have oversight of on-site audits and discussions.
- Supporting internal partners and fielding queries with relevant information management, tracking and reporting deliverables.
- Manage and administer external vendors and partners associated with Remote’s infrastructure
- Be able to go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up
In your role, you will make a direct impact in Remote's global operations and its international expansion. Check out https://remote.com/countries to see which countries we are working on next.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- 3-5 years of practicing experience in entity management, corporate governance, including leadership or supervision of global or a regional footprint.
- Paralegal or corporate legal background, understanding of the legal entities structure, stakeholder management and government regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of latest entity management technology and best practices
- Policy development, corporate governance advisory, and implementation experience
- Project management skills to accomplish goals, drive reporting, due date adherence, and iterating processes for better quality.
- Customer-oriented approach, with a pragmatic and risk averse personality.
- Able to manage complex situations and work in fast-moving dynamic environments.
- Good spoken and written fluency in English; additional foreign languages are a plus.
- Keen sense of curiosity for the subject matter and believe in strong documentation, asynchronous working
- You have familiarity with tools such as Asana, Notion and Slack or similar.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You’ll report to: Director of International Expansion
- Team: International Expansion
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible