- Date Posted
- Nov. 12, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Future Of Work
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async. This means you get to minimize meetings and create your own schedule based on when you're able to do your best work.
We empower ownership, proactivity, and default to action. We operate based on treating each other with kindness and support each other as a team.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Product Manager, joining our Product team. You’ll have a massive impact on our organization, and will help create opportunities for millions of people around the world.
Contracts are a large part of Remote. These documents serve as a source of truth on our relationship with our customers and employees, and we’d like to ensure a terrific experience for everyone when handling documents and changes.
As a Senior Product Manager at Remote, you’ll be developing and guiding our strategy for one of our key product areas. You’ll advance this vision by working with a cross-functional engineering and design group to find our most important problems and shape iterative solutions towards them.
- Experience as product manager in a high-growth company
- Great judgment making both strategic (what to prioritize) and tactical (feature scope) decisions
- Driven demonstrable results by moving a product in the right direction
- A strong sense of design and UX
- A passion for products that just work, even if the problems they solve are boring and complicated
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- Business-level proficiency writing and speaking English
- Bonus: experience working in payroll, HR, benefits, fintech, or similar
- Bonus: experience working remotely
- Build solutions together with the rest of the team that solve for payroll, benefits, and other services Remote offers
- Own not just software implementation, but the end-to-end experience: Remote delivers value through services powered by both humans and software
- Lead on solutions with minimal support or involvement from senior members of the product team. You should be able to work autonomously on simple features and iterations, only needing support to solve complex problems
- Manage internal expectations for your team’s projects, products, and features
- Contribute to tactical and strategic decision-making for your business area
- Collaborate with senior members of the product team to shape cross-department and cross-team solutions
- Drive Remote in the right direction by building an effective roadmap for your area of the product
- Collaborate with senior members of the product team to create long-term strategic plans for your team
- Form and share a near-term strategic vision for your product area that incorporates market research, competitive analysis, and other inputs
- Be the subject matter expert for your product area
- Contribute to scaling and growth plans for your product area
- Ship improvements iteratively, challenging yourself and counterparts to find minimal solutions to problems
- Support and lead a product team delivering consistent throughput and return on investment
- Understand key business KPIs and align your team’s work and metrics to directly improve to these
- Work together with engineers, designers and stakeholders to build solutions to important customer problems
- Communicate and collaborate internally and externally
- Contribute to the Product org by sharing your techniques, processes, and learnings
- Communicate and promote the work of your team and why it matters to customers and internal teams
- Work asynchronously and transparently
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- Profile review (reviewed async)
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with the hiring manager
- Async exercise and live exercise review with a peer
- Interview with a business leader
- Offer (shared async)