- Date Posted
- Sep. 22, 2021
- Product Management
- Future Of Work
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule. We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Director of Product Marketing, joining our Growth team. You’ll work closely with all growth, sales, customer success, and product teams to gather and analyze customer insights that inform Remote’s product and marketing strategy, lead go-to-market for our suite of products, and create and execute campaigns to drive business growth (attract, convert, retain).
- A strategic, result-driven leader. You are eager to make a huge impact at Remote. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic environment and are able to operate fluidly between the big picture and the small task, while never losing sight of results.
- A team player. You’re able to align cross-functional teams towards a common objective, partnering closely with Sales, Product, Design, Global Ops and International Expansion, and nurturing warm relationships across every functional team.
- Both data-driven and intuitive. You know the market and competitive landscape like the back of your hand. You can sense where the market is going and back it up with research and data to build internal alignment on the future direction of our products and strategy.
- A great people and operational manager. You can manage HR and budgeting responsibilities for the team as well as motivate and develop team members to achieve high performance. You set the goals and priorities of the team and provide mentorship and support.
- Highly organized and articulate. You work at a fast pace and know what’s going on across the business. You can clearly articulate both the business priorities the how the team will support company objectives.
- Metric-driven with excellent analytical and project management skills.
- Fluent in English both writing and speaking.
- Familiar with working on a remote or distributed team. It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience — product marketing, product management, operational roles, or strategy consulting;
- At least 5 years of specific product marketing or go-to-market;
- Experience in B2B SaaS technology marketing working closely with sales teams;
- Experience building and managing teams in a fast-growth environment
- Passion for remote work and a global outlook strongly preferred.
- Define and execute strategies needed to reach different customer segments: listen to users and prospects and work to get qualitative and quantitative insights that inform your work (messaging, positioning etc) to attract, convert and retain customers. You understand and enable the entire lifecycle of our relationship with customers;
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and develop a clear vision for our product strategy;
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and understanding of our industry;
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, sales, design, PR, and engineering as well as Content and Performance Marketing leads—to develop go-to-market strategy and drive launches for our products;
- Enable user-facing teams at Remote—from Sales and Customer Success to working closely with Finance and Operations on pricing and product initiatives.
- Help execute industry partnerships, working closely with senior leadership.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You’ll report to: Sr. Director of Product Marketing
- Team: Growth
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible