- United States
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
At RevenueCat, we make selling subscriptions in your mobile app easy. We launched as part of Y Combinator’s summer 2018 batch and today are handling subscriptions for more than 10 million mobile subscriptions across thousands of apps. We are a mission driven, remote-first company that is building the foundation of mobile subscription infrastructure. Top companies like VSCO, Notion, WidgetSmith, Buffer, and Fishbrain count on RevenueCat to power their subscriptions at scale.
Our 30 team members (and growing!) are located all over the world, from San Francisco, to Madrid to Taipei, and we’re proud to be a remote-first company. We’re a close-knit, product-driven team, and we love our core values: Always be Shipping, Own it, Be Customer-Obsessed, and Be Balanced.
We’re looking for a technologist who loves helping people ship. As an engineering manager, your focus is to act as a pillar for the development of our people. You’ll be the one giving context and support to accomplish our company value of ‘always be shipping’.a
- You love bringing order to chaos and helping multiple stakeholders and engineers achieve a complex goal.
- You have 5+ years of experience as an engineer.
- You have 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager.
- You have experience leading a software development team with an emphasis on backend development.
- You have experience helping shape product requirements into technical specifications ready for implementation by engineers.
- You have experience analyzing data and considering strategic implementation tradeoffs.
- You are empathetic to both engineers, designers and stakeholders, but a little more so to engineers, and you enjoy occasionally brokering peace.
In the first month, you’ll:
- Get up to speed on our current technical projects
- Meet every contributor and understand what their areas of expertise are
- Partner with an engineer on an existing project to see it through to completion
- Work with the CEO and product team to understand long term feature roadmap
- Shadow the CTO and Head of Product on iteration planning and roadmap prioritization
Within the first 3 months, you’ll:
- Work with product and design to prioritize the roadmap and own the iteration planning process, usually working with engineers, other teams and customers
- Monitor our engineering process to understand common bottlenecks
- Build an onboarding process that is best in class for remote organizations
- Make improvements to our process that reduce corporate flail and make the team happier
- Begin managing a small team of engineers, and help hiring the rest of your team
Within the first 6 months, you’ll:
- Have an intuition about what projects are easy and hard based on your understanding of our team and our technical debt assets
- Have a mental map of what the next 3, 6 and 12 months of product development might look like
- Shape, own, and help implement multiple customer facing features
- Have helped onboard several new engineers to our product process
- Ensure each person on the team is developing their skills through coaching, training, and mentoring
Within the first 12 months, you’ll:
- Have dreams about optimizations to how we use Clubhouse
- Have been through ten product iterations and learned lots of lessons, some hard, some easy
- Have helped double the size of the team
- Have helped engineers grow in their roles and get promoted
- Have coordinated several new, tentpole features that expand our product market fit and help developers understand their data in order to make more money
What we offer:
- $165,000-$186,000 USD + competitive equity across all geographies
- Employee health, vision, and dental plans (for US-based workers)
- Unlimited vacation, remote work, and WFH
- A balance-focused, long-term oriented work environment