- Date Posted
- Aug. 11, 2021
- Business Intelligence
The credit department at Revolut designs, develops and launches credit products across multiple countries.
As we do this from scratch we have complete responsibility for each product: developing the backend, the front-end, the data science infrastructure, and then creating a local setup in each country with scalable risk management and portfolio management solutions.
The team is made up of a mix of risk management, product, design and software professionals, providing lots of opportunity to share knowledge and learnings across functions.
About the role
You will be part of the Credit Insights and Analytics team, providing analytics services to credit teams around the world. You will work alongside the policy and modelling teams within the Global Credit Management function. You will be joining early in the team’s development and will have the chance to shape, build and establish it in the business. Your primary stakeholders will be Heads of Credit in each geography and 2nd line of defence credit risk team.
What you’ll do
You will be part of the core credit analytics team adding value to the business by conducting analysis, providing insight and building analytical tools to support entry to new markets and optimize the profitability and performance of existing portfolios of consumer credit products across multiple geographies.
Your goal would be to provide analytics which help Revolut’s local credit teams:
- Manage portfolios within risk appetite.
- Optimize credit strategies on an ongoing basis (new originations, existing customers management, arrears management) to maximize portfolio risk adjusted returns.
- Supporting the development of credit strategies to launch new products by conducting in-market tests to define the right product market fit, target customer segments.
- Forecasting and external data gathering.
- Improve the automated credit decisioning capabilities.
- Design, deploy and analyse champion-challenger strategies across the credit lifecycle.
- Build and deploy analytical tools for use by the local credit teams.
- Ensure approval and good rating of first line credit risk function from second line, third line and regulators.
- Select and onboard new data suppliers.
What you’ll need
Proven experience in credit risk management of unsecured retail credit portfolios. This includes but is not limited to credit origination, credit limit management, risk based pricing, retention strategies etc.
Strong experience in making data driven decisions.
Proven experience of working with large datasets using Python(Pandas)/SQL/SAS or other data packages. Good knowledge of or strong drive to learn Python (Pandas) is a necessity.
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a quantitative/analytical subject like maths, engineering, physics, computer science from a top university.
- Ability to extract the essence from complex matters and explain it in plain English.
- Solid understanding of credit policy governance framework and is able to work through 2nd/3rd line of defence in a competent manner.
- Deliver excellent results which exceed requirements, plan appropriately to meet multiple objectives.
- Be forward thinking on inter-dependencies to proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Understand the value of speed to market and are able to balance between elegant problem solving and business need of the hour.
- Understanding of credit scoring models for retail credit products.
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community of forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.