- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Design & UI
Please do not apply to this job if you are not physically located in one of the following countries - United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Ukraine or Lithuania (for now, we can offer remote working only for the aforementioned countries). Please note that the benefits will vary for each country.
About the team
Since 2015, Revolut has introduced over 15 million customers to a new way to handle their money. From instant spending notifications and built-in budgeting controls, to global currency exchange and stock trading, customers simply get more with Revolut.
We approach Design at Revolut the same way that we approach everything else. We love building great products, we love delighting our customers, we love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution that truly solves customer needs.
About the role
We’re looking for talented Product Designers to join one of our product teams. Sometimes it’s hard to tell at first which team you’d like to join. That’s okay - we’d love to talk and discover together what would suit you better!
- We have multiple roles open, in our B2B, B2C and internal products, and we’re hiring for different seniorities, from Mid to Lead level!
- If you genuinely love what you do, are driven and passionate, then we want to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
We don’t follow the traditional corporate model, but empower our people to own their work end-to-end, that’s what you’ll be in charge of in your Product team: lead the product from a design perspective, having a holistic approach on the experience, from discovery to delivery - always keeping in mind our customers and their interests!
- You will be partnering with the Product Owners, Engineers, Data Scientists, and other colleagues, working in a cross-functional and distributed team. Together, you will be actively involved in defining the customers’ and the business’ problems.
- You’ll identify the key metrics for the projects you are involved in and take ownership for achieving their success.
- You will research and bring forward new findings and learnings for reaching complex company goals - such as launching in new territories and offering new products.
- From wire-framing to designing end-to-end flows and prototypes, you will be in charge of designing products that solve problems in a simple and elegant way while taking care of every small detail.
- We love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution that truly solves customer needs, thus you will be running user testing workshops and guerrilla testing;
- Once that’s done, iterate, implement with the technical team and present the final solution during the design reviews;
- We are not stopping here, we believe in continuous improvement, so you’ll review the performance of the release, identify learnings and find ways to enhance it.
- To ensure we are speaking the same language as a team, we have the support of a design system - so you’ll kick in!
As a Senior/ Lead Designer you will have more responsibility around hiring, people management, and ownership of the product (or family of products) that you work on. You will also interact with our most senior stakeholders (up to C-level), and you will closely mentor a small team of Designers.
What you’ll need
- Experience creating brand books/design systems, ie structuring variety of design elements
- Structured mindset - loves structure in everything and can’t stand chaos
- Ability to describe how screens and components work. Ability to explain difficult things in simple words. Likes to simplify things and explain instructions thoroughly
- Experience interacting with developers, you should be able to be a link between designers and developers and understand language of both
- Not a manager, but a designer: we need craft and experience working with Figma - ability to create/gather difficult components in a simple way
Nice to have
- Technical higher education: BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Some experience in programming and ability to code simple prototypes
- Strong experience in designing and maintaining cross-platform design systems
- Experience working in fast-paced startup environment
- Experience in leading design teams or managing the product development (if you are applying for a Senior/ Lead position)
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
- Competitive salary
- Biannual discretionary performance bonus (equity)
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription