- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Financial Services
The Leadership Team provides Revolut with the vision, the drive, and the direction to continue its rapid growth and development into a major international finance business.
From risk, to finance, to people, the leadership team is our C-suite level grouping that sets the tone and agenda for all areas of the business and is comprised of some of the brightest and most successful people in the business.
About the role
As a result of planned retirement of our current CFO, we are looking for a Chief Financial Officer for the US Bank which Revolut aims to establish. This position requires an entrepreneurial operator looking to make an impact and drive all aspects of the Bank’s financial performance.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with senior management to define and implement a strategy for the bank’s overall activities
- Assessing the financial performance of the Bank in relation to the agreed overall strategy and goals.
- Taking decisive action to ensure sustainable growth.
- Overseeing all aspects of Finance including Accounting, Regulatory Reporting & Tax
- Representing the bank in front of regulators, board members and shareholders
- Taking a lead role in capital and liquidity adequacy assessments
- Working closely with the Bank’s Compliance & Legal teams to prioritise compliance
What you’ll need
Deep knowledge and experience in executive positions within Financial Services with deep understanding of a bank’s balance sheet, key regulatory ratios, accounting of securities portfolios, loans and hedge accounting principles
Preferably have start-up experience
- Excellent knowledge of relevant regulation and regulatory bodies
- Have a very strong entrepreneurial drive
- Have an accounting, treasury/risk, or investment banking background
Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to recruit and lead a senior management banking team
- Demonstrate an ability to think and reason logically
- SQL / Python / Systems knowledge a plus
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.