- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Financial Services
About the team
The Leadership Team provides Revolut with the vision, the drive, and the direction to continue its rapid growth and development into a major international finance business.
From risk, to finance, to people, the leadership team is our C-suite level grouping that sets the tone and agenda for all areas of the business and is comprised of some of the brightest and most successful people in the business.
About the role
We are looking for a Chief Risk Officer (CRO) to join our UK executive team. Reporting directly to the CEO of Revolut UK (with a functional line to Revolut Group CRO), the successful candidate will be responsible for leading all risk management activities, be a member of the UK executive team and operate within the Uk regulated Senior Management Regime (SMF 4). As you would expect from a new and growing team, we are looking for someone who will bring a balance of hands on approach but also provide the experience and understanding to drive us strategically. For example, you would be happy to spend time on the ground building risk registers, validating credit scorecards, helping with portfolio stress-testing, forecasting capital ratios etc. but also fully participating in strategy, performance and growth debates.
What you’ll be doing
- In collaboration with the Group Risk Management function, you will be responsible for the development of the UK risk management strategy and risk appetite.
- Assist UK ExCO in identifying and assessing risks associated with current and proposed future business activities, including new products, new business relationships and any extension of operations through partnerships or acquisition.
- Work with the Senior Management team and provide independent assurance on the key operational risks of the business, partnering the business to address any identified gaps. Active monitoring of key risk indicators against prescribed limits.
- Develop a strong and productive working relationship with UK regulators.
- Provide early warning, guidance and advice on upstream and regulatory change, assessing the key implications for the business and contributing to and supporting the implementation strategy
- Support the business in the development of robust business continuity plans and to provide on-going assurance that these plans are adequate, up to date and are tested
- Developing and monitoring the UK risk registers and ensuring agreed controls have been embedded into the business.
- Preparation of appropriate reporting to help safely grow the business, inform management decisions and update regulators as appropriate.
- Localisation of group risk policies and advising the Board on the company’s risk profile and the suitability of the risk management framework.
- Follow-up of outstanding risk issues from internal/external audits or reviews and regulator visits/inspection.
What you’ll need
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Broad and tenured expertise and experience in managing risk functions in a successful regulated retail banking environment and experience with setting up and managing respective first or second line of defence risk functions.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to financial activities in the UK
- Technical background with a strong, independent mind-set ability to create and implement simple, elegant solutions within a short period of time
- Passionate about good customer outcomes.
- Experience of financial services ExCo participation and broader retail FS strategic leadership
- Outstanding leadership skills
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
- Competitive salary
- Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Skip the commute and work from home once a week
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year