- United States
- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
The finance team is the backbone of Revolut’s business. The department has grown from its initial internal accounting setup to an important business enabling function that supports all areas of the business, including advising on cash flows for new product development, accounting and data specifications for new businesses, assessing financial implications of key strategic decisions and growth opportunities, among others.
When you join the finance team you get the opportunity to interact with all areas of the company both domestically and international: one day you are involved in a banking license application process, the next you are running analysis for a new product launch, and the next you are working on an executive summary of Revolut’s performance for the board of directors.
About the role
We are looking for an accountant who enjoys rolling up their sleeves to build and refine the accounting infrastructure and processes supporting the US Business growth in a fast yet controlled manner. Reporting to the US Controller, this role forms part of a global finance team headquartered in London.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist in all things finance: from researching IFRS and US GAAP guidelines, preparing month end journal entries through to reconciliations and preparation of the month end financial reporting to the Board of Directors
- Provide accounting oversight and ensure control over new personal loan and credit card launch
- Ensure accounting for loan purchase and sale is in conformity with IFRS and US GAAP
- Assist in modeling, preparation, and documentation of Reserve for Loan Losses
- Assist in Management accounting, financial reporting and providing commercial & operational financial management
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process
- Review and/or develop Sql data extracts as basis for accounting entry or verification
- Ensuring that effective internal financial controls are in place throughout Revolut’s business
- Account reconciliation across a variety of products including corporate accounts, loan products, expected credit loss
- Assisting in the tax and regulatory reporting requirements of local entities
- Provide support to annual audit process and statutory financial statements production
What you’ll need
- 3+ years’ experience in an accounting function
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, with proven experience in revenue/cost recognition and control
- Strong experience in month-end close and preparation of statutory accounts
- Demonstrable ability to extract and manipulate data from databases using SQL
Excellent business modeling skills using Excel and/or Google Sheets to conduct evaluation, modeling and projections of commercial initiatives; provide the business decision makers with quantifiable analyses for improved business decisioning.
Support business forecasting and planning
- Good understanding of bank balance sheet, financial presentation, and key operating ratios
- Experience in Financial Services and/or Fintech specifically in loan and credit card accounting
- Strong US GAAP accounting knowledge with experience in developing internal controls
CPA strongly preferred
SQL skills or similar strongly preferred