- Illinois, US
- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
The finance team is the backbone of Revolut’s business. The department has grown from its initial internal accounting setup to a major function that supports all areas of the business, including assessing financial implications from various key strategic decisions and growth opportunities.
When you join the finance team you get the opportunity to interact with all areas of the company: one day you are involved in a banking license application process, the next you are running analysis for a new product launch, and the next you are working on an executive summary of Revolut’s performance for the board of directors.
About the role
We are looking for an Accounting Manager who is looking to roll up their sleeves to build the accounting infrastructure and processes that will support the US Business grow in a fast yet controlled manner. Reporting to and working with the US Controller, this role forms part of a global finance team headquartered in London.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager who is comfortable and confident in a start-up company, who is familiar with the pace of such businesses and is able to prioritize in building a scalable, efficient accounting and reporting function. This role will be a jack of all trades and the person must be willing to flex their role to get the job done and deliver across all areas of finance.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist in all things finance: from preparing month end journals through to reconciliations and preparation of the month end financial reporting to the Board of Directors
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process
- Partner with operations teams on upcoming product launches to ensure Revolut is set up to record from User experience through to financial statements
- Perform monthly general ledger reconciliations to ensure accuracy of financial statements
- Assist in preparation of management reporting of revenue and operating expenditure with insights and analysis of business drivers (financial and non-financial) with a view of cost control /optimization, reduce adverse variance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Assist in preparing year-end-accounts and statutory accounts. Ensure compliance with US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards, timely and effective audit process for US Entities
- Providing support to and manage timely and effective audits
- Assist in building a scalable and efficient accounting and finance function
- Coordinate and partner with head office finance teams in accounting and reporting
Who you are
This individual must be a self-starter, is not a beginner, is hands-on, able to dive deep into problem resolution as necessary, and is able to see the big picture as much as they may need to be attentive to detail.
- You can break complex problems into smaller logical ones and prioritize them with data
- You are curious by nature, like to engage people, anxious to learn and share knowledge, and have great attention to detail
- You are entrepreneurial in that you can make a good business case and motivate people to help you execute
- You hustle, take ownership, and get things done
You love solving problems
What you’ll need
CPA or Chartered Accountant
- Ability to adapt and pivot in a dynamic and changing environment
- 5 years’ post-certification experience in accounting/finance functions, preferably within financial services
- Strong accounting knowledge, with proven US GAAP and internal controls experience
- Strong experience in end-to-end processes for month end close, functional reporting, cash flow forecasting and preparation of statutory accounts
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to unravel complex accounting queries
- Positive attitude: ‘can do’ approach and willing to give everything a go from manual processing to larger projects
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills: ability to plan and organize work efficiently and effectively
- Ability to comprehend and narrate financial records for external stakeholders
- Experience in large ERP accounting software migration (Netsuite plus)
- SQL (Preferred, or willing to learn within first 6 months)