- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Financial Services
Revolut is changing the face of digital banking and has introduced over 10 million customers to a new way to handle their money. From multi-currency accounts to global currency exchange and stock trading, customers simply get more with Revolut. A Radically Better Account.
About the team
The Financial Crime department is at the forefront of Revolut’s efforts to keep customers and their money safe. Working directly with customers to resolve issues and flag potential concerns and using cutting edge technology, we aim to prevent financial crime more effectively than traditional banks.
We operate in small, nimble teams that are built for scale, speed, and quality. Each unit is responsible for a different pillar of Financial Crime, giving you the chance to have a real impact on crucial problems that affect millions of people around the world.
Join a team that knows that better people and machines are the most effective way of managing financial crime risks.
About the role
Revolut is looking for an experienced financial crime professional to job our New York Office as one of our Anti-Money Laundering SME’s, covering the business’s North America operation. This role will focus on a number of key anti-financial crime areas including anti-money laundering, counter terrorism financing, enhanced due diligence, know your business and transaction monitoring and will focus on key legislation including OFAC and The Bank Secrecy Act.
- Skills and knowledge you’ll have;
- At least 3 years of practical experience in Anti-financial crime advisory roles within a regulated financial services firm (US)
- Strong knowledge and experience of transaction monitoring and considered an SME in this area
- Profound knowledge of OFAC and The Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Detailed understanding of enhanced due diligence (EDD), counter terrorism financing (CTF) and anti-money laundering regulations (US) and Know Your Business (KYB)
- In-depth understanding of US AML typologies (e.g. drug cartels)
- Ability to exercise oversight, knowledge and understanding of financial crime and AML policies, procedures and control arrangements in a complex financial organisation
- Professional qualification from an internationally recognised body, ideally ACAMS (also ICA or CFE)
- You’ll be a clear communicator with the ability to explain complicated matters in simple terms
- A proven self starter, able to thrive in a high performance environment
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Perks and benefits
- You’ll get to work in one of the hottest and fastest growing tech startups in the world right now
- We’ll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment