- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Financial Services
About the team
Since 2015, Revolut has introduced over 10 million customers to a new way to handle their money. From instant spending notifications and built-in budgeting controls, to global currency exchange and stock trading, customers simply get more with Revolut.
We approach executive function at Revolut the same way that we approach everything else. We take complex issues, and create extraordinary solutions that our customers love. From on-boarding flows to new feature presentations, our goal is to both inform and delight.
Put simply, we build things we want to use ourselves, that we’re proud to show to our friends and families.
About the role
We are looking for a tech-savvy and result-oriented Deputy CFO. You will have extensive experience working in the financial control function of a bank, financial services or payments company. You will be the “second-in-command” leader in the global finance department and will be responsible for building all aspects of a world-class financial reporting and control function across all Revolut locations globally. We need someone with vision and ideas who will tackle any problem as well as the ability to roll your sleeves up and get involved.
What you’ll be doing
- You will serve as a Deputy CFO in the finance department, interfacing directly with the Group CFO, Senior Leadership and Board Committees
- You will build world-class financial reporting and control function and ensure full financial compliance across all Revolut locations globally
- You will ensure accurate and timely reporting of consolidated management accounts and timely completion of regular audits, while serving as the lead contact for the external auditors
- You will lead and motivate staff and ensure that they receive appropriate support, training and development to achieve their full potential
What you’ll need
- You have 10+ years of experience working in a fast-paced environment in Payments / Financial Services / Banking sectors
- You have recent experience leading Financial Control function with strong technical background ideally from the Big 4
- You have experience transitioning Financial Control function from private company to public company standard (e.g. SOX), including accounting system upgrades, control implementation and change management Chartered Accountant (ACA or equivalent), with proven experience of applying IFRS / US GAAP in a banking environment
- You demonstrate strong team management and development skills to support and grow the team
- You are able to balance high-level strategic thinking with day-to-day and month-to-month hands-on ‘doing’
- You can communicate confidently and with clarity and accuracy to all levels
- You have graduated with at least a 2:1 from a top university
- You ideally have strong SQL, Python and Core Accounting Systems (esp Netsuite) knowledge
- You ideally have prior accounting experience from one of Big 4 firms
- You ideally have other relevant industry certifications (e.g. CFA charterholder)
- You ideally worked abroad / have expat experience
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.