- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
Support the MLRO in delivering consistent guidance, advice and innovative solutions; in all matters relating to AML and Financial Crime to the key business lines.• Assist the MLRO with the development and implementation of controls to counter AML, sanctions and other financial crime risks
Assist with the enterprise wide risk assessment and annual MLRO report
- Undertake financial crime monitoring activities, as directed by the MLRO in the annual financial crime monitoring plan.
- Undertake ad hoc client file reviews, as directed by the MLRO in relation to emerging risks or concerns.
- Submit external reports and be point of contact with the relevant financial intelligence units
- Working with product and engineering and communicating and advising on products, services, and requirements in a detailed and operationally sound manner
- Assist with ongoing Enhanced Due Diligence – oversee enhanced ongoing monitoring of higher-risk
- Cooperate with other colleague globally
- Provide advice to senior management
- Perform trainings to employees in financial crime risk area
What you’ll need
- Experience as compliance/anti-financial crime officer in an FCA regulated financial services institution
- Appropriate knowledge and understanding of AML regulations including customer due diligence requirements, PEPs, and ability to refer to relevant regulation and/or industry guidance as appropriate (such as JMLSG)
- Experience in FinCrime operations, acting as the escalation point and ensuring positive hits are investigated and escalated as required
- Capable of setting priorities and working under pressure
- Reviewing the firm’s procedures and implementing the process when necessary
- Presenting a summary and proposed conclusion to management in a timely and clear manner, including proposals to implement appropriate steps to mitigate risk and/or monitor it
- Keeping abreast of relevant financial developments that may affect the industry and understand their potential impact on the business
- Good interpersonal skills, with a determined and proactive approach, and excellent attention to detail
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community of forward-thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
- Competitive salary
- Biannual discretionary performance bonus (equity)
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.