- Date Posted
- Aug. 11, 2021
A key member of the Group finance team, driving high standards of financial reporting across the business through the continuing development of the financial reporting controls and processes and application of technical accounting and reporting requirements as part of the Group Financial Reporting function.
The Group Financial Reporting function is responsible for the Group’s external financial reporting requirements, including the Group’s annual financial statements. This includes selecting and implementing the Group’s accounting policies, ensuring that the Group’s financial statements comply with the relevant requirements and best practice, assessing the accounting implications of new products and services, and providing technical accounting support and advice to the relevant business and financial control teams across the world.
As a result of the international growth of the Revolut business allied to the increasing complexity of our products and services, the breadth and complexity of its financial reporting requirements are increasing. In addition to which, the Group is undertaking a conversion of its financial reporting from UK GAAP to IFRS, and is looking for a high calibre individual with experience of the application of IFRS in the financial services industry.
This role will support the ongoing development of our financial reporting, processes and controls within the existing Group Financial Reporting function to help ensure the objectives of the Group and the financial reporting and control needs of the regulated entities continue to be met in a cost effective, controlled and efficient manner.
This role can either be done remotely anywhere in Ireland or in our Dublin office.
What You’ll Neefd
- 7+ years of experience in financial reporting requirements, either within practice (preferably with recent experience of providing IFRS accounting advisory services), or within a financial reporting role in industry.
- Proven experience of applying IFRS technical accounting and financial reporting in a complex and regulated environment.
- Experience of SEC financial reporting requirements for Foreign Private Issuers (“FPIs”).
- Chartered Accountant (ACA or equivalent).
- Hands on and Positive attitude: ‘Can do’ approach and willing to give everything a go from drafting accounting technical papers to cross company global projects.
- Excellent organisation skills: ability to plan and organise work so that it is efficient and effective
Nice to Have
- Quantitative experience
- Previous experience in fast moving FinTech organisation or a top-tier retail banking/PE, fast growing start-up and within a regulated business environment