- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
At Revolut we pride ourselves on being the best, most automated and most data-driven firm in our industry. This attitude extends beyond the customer facing products into all functions and FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) is no exception.
We already have a range of in-house and best in class off-the-shelf tools to support us and we are constantly improving these. The vision for FP&A at Revolut is a team that spends 30% of its time forecasting the business (traditional FP&A activities) with 70% of our time performing deep analytics that drive business strategy.
In order to meet this vision we need to automate our processes and checks while quantifiably maintaining accuracy. The data we deal with are diverse spanning from Customer volumes to Equities trades to Card Delivery Costs. Our analysis answers the queries of all the firm’s stakeholders from leadership to regulators and investors.
What we need
This role is for a data expert to join FP&A to aid the team in consolidating, structuring and summarising data from around the business into the central Financial Analytics platform where it can be consumed live by internal stakeholders including ExCo and Nik, the Founder.
We are looking for someone who is a data analyst first and financial analyst optional but desired. We are not recruiting for FP&A analysts currently and as such we will be rejecting any candidates without demonstrated data analysis skills.
The data expert will be someone who is driven by creating and owning the best solution feasible. While their core skills will be in SQL we expect them to have a learning attitude to use whatever tool is best suited to the task.
What you will be doing
- Understand our business and financials through our data
- Apply this knowledge to consolidate structure and summarise relevant data into a single platform
- Maintain the platform to ensure it has accurate and timely data
- Produce ad-hoc analysis to test theories so we can better understand our users and their behaviour
- Be pro-active to identify issues, track them and solve them
What skills you’ll need
- Essential: At least 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Essential: A 2.1 or higher in a STEM (or Finance/Economics/Accounting) degree from a top university
- Essential: Proven work experience as a data analyst or business analyst
Essential: Strong SQL skills
- Essential: Data visualisation skills and experience with BI tools (Looker/Tableau)
- Essential: Ability to simplify complex data/patterns/causation into defined tasks
- Essential: Organisation skills - track all tasks and drive delivery to deadlines, attention to detail
Essential: Fluent English
Highly Desirable: Python
Desirable: Experience of Finance & Accounting