- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Financial Services
About the team
Regulatory Compliance is a key team that ensures Revolut’s products and processes meet the wording and spirit of regulatory requirements, then translate this into good customer outcomes. Regulatory Compliance also facilitates open and transparent relationships with our regulators.
The Regulatory Compliance team brings Revolut’s commitment to improving all aspects of finance to risk management. We are far more data-led than similar functions within other companies; our team has both a strong understanding of regulatory requirements and also the ability to find solutions and carry out testing in a purely digital environment.
Join a team that knows that better people and machines are the most effective way of managing conduct risk.
About the role
Revolut is seeking an intelligent, dynamic, innovative, and driven Group Lead of Financial Crime Compliance to be responsible for oversight of our 2LoD Group Financial Crime Compliance team with oversight of all areas of Financial Crime including: AML CTF, Fraud, Sanctions, KYC Due Diligence and Financial Crime Legal. Reporting directly to the Group Head of Financial Crime Compliance, the successful candidate will be responsible for a leading role managing financial crime risk for the entire Group.
As the Group Lead of Financial Crime Compliance, the position will have the level of authority, independence and support to properly carry out his or her responsibilities in connection with our Compliance Program, including all the relevant Sanctions and Money Laundering Regulations, industry guidance and standards and Payment Services Regulations.
At Revolut we are committed to the highest standards of control, governance, and independent oversight. We are searching for someone with extensive experience in the financial industry and proven experience in a compliance function that is excited to design, lead and shape the future of oversight and compliance.
Strong problem solving, operational process and analytical skills is a must as well as a deep understanding of how Financial Crime risks can present themselves in different scenarios across different products and markets. This role will demand high-levels of energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Supervision of our appropriate measures to ensure that financial crime risks are taken into account in our day-to-day operation, including in relation to the development of new products; the taking-on of new customers; and changes in our business profile;
- Proactively identifying situations that may pose significant financial crime compliance risk and guides management in the development/reviewing/updating of relevant policies, procedures and business practices
- Driving a compliance review and analysis of new regulatory developments and maintaining oversight of developments impacting business activities
- Participating and collaborating in compliance advisory and integration projects as well as conduct compliance assessment and define requirements as needed for the approval of business projects and initiatives such as new product development and changes to existing products
- Preparing reports to senior management, the Board and escalating any key or high risk compliance issues within our existing governance structure. The Group Lead for FinCrime Compliance will also provide support to the business with launching of products to ensure regulatory requirements are met by overseeing the Financial Crime Compliance Team, providing guidance, as appropriate.
- Working cross-functionally across multiple teams to ensure execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Partnering with Product and Service Owners to educate and drive the appropriate execution of compliance requirements. This role is critical to the overall execution of our Compliance Program. You will need to partner with Legal and work to implement Program changes to comply with the changing regulatory environment and advise change management processes and control requirements.
What you’ll need
- You are committed to, and excited about, world class compliance and independent oversight of this important agenda
- You are an in-depth strategic thinker with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment across a large number of functional groups and be able to manage the business needs of Revolut
- You understand the customer experience and make business oriented recommendations to ensure Compliance with key requirements
- You have significant financial crime risk experience and a strong background in financial services (bonus if you have experience with or a passion for technology) with ideally experience in both financial crime advisory as well as financial crime internal audit or forensics
- You’re able to influence, coach, and develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels, gaining their acceptance, and driving change
- You are intellectually curious, and you can bring valuable insights into the team and business
- You thrive in dynamic working environments
- You have a data driven approach to problem solving
A little about us
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. We’ve since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure.
- We reached 10 million customers as we rolled into 2020 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
- And we’re only just getting started.
- Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
What we are looking for
- From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
- You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
- You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
- You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
- And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private health insurance
- Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners with Deliveroo
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year
- Please only submit an application for one posting.
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.