- Date Posted
- Aug. 11, 2021
Our Risk team sits at the very core of Revolut. It works across functions, products, and regions to monitor front-line performance and ensure that the business is on safe footing. People in the Risk team are among the first in the company to get involved in new business initiatives, from app technology, to treasury and finance, to customer support.
As we do this from scratch we have complete responsibility for each product: developing the backend, the front-end, the data science infrastructure, and then creating a local setup in each country with scalable risk management and portfolio management solutions.
If you want to gain priceless experience and exposure in one of the fastest-growing scaleups in Europe, helping to make Revolut safer for our customers, employees and shareholders, then apply to join our Risk department today.
About the role
Create and manage risk management framework to maintain balance between risk and reward to continuously grow a predictable and profitable retail credit portfolio. Build and manage the credit policy and procedures for targeting, underwriting and life cycle management of credit products like unsecured personal loans and credit cards. Ensure continuous monitoring and validation of the credit decision outcomes and MIS availability. Lead the initiative for preventive and reactive actions towards any micro and macro factors impacting portfolio credit performance and profitability.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing strategies to to launch new products by conducting in-market tests to define the right product market fit, target customer segments and conceptualize tests and accelerate innovation by experimentation
- Support the annual budget, forecast and planning processes, from assessment of market/industry trends through data gathering and analysis, initiative selection and assessment, preparation of the plan, from concept to delivery
- Track, communicate and draw insights from the performance of ongoing initiatives & be on top of all credit KPI’s through intensive monitoring
- Identify operational inefficiencies and manage the implementation of small scale change within the Credit function
- Partnering with engineers, PM, data scientists, designers etc. to coordinate and prioritize business decisions
- Ensure approval and good rating of first line credit risk function from second line, third line and regulators
What you’ll need
- Proven track record of managing through the cycle credit risk for retail credit products like credit cards, unsecured personal loans etc.
- A bachelor’s degree (preferably Masters or higher) in an quantitative/analytical stream like engineering, statistics, Physics, math, economics or management degree from a top university
- Solid understanding of credit policy governance framework and is able to work through 2nd/3rd line of defense in a competent manner
- Delivers excellent results that exceeds requirements, plans appropriately to meet multiple objectives and is forward thinking on inter-dependencies to proactively identify and resolve issues
- Solid understanding of credit as well as behavioral scoring models esp. for retail credit products
- Generally clear, concise and structured and is able to explain complex concepts in simple manner
- Deep thinker capable of processing a lot of information towards most optimal decision making
- Understands the value of speed to market and is able to balance between elegant problem solving and business need of the hour
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL, R and Python etc. & other data analysis tools and also willing to learn new technology to help business scale
- Experience in developing account level valuation frameworks to develop underwriting credit policies using NPV framework to optimize portfolio level economic returns
- Strong experience in making data driven decisions with especial focus on marginal decision making
- Experience in portfolio management, which includes but is not limited to credit limit management, risk based pricing, retention strategies, overlimit policies etc.
- Have a good business intuition on Risk adjusted return requirements & overall is able to manage / adjust the portfolio returns as more / new data comes into light
A little about us
When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2021 with 15 million Personal customers and over half a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services.
What we’re looking for
Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
- Rest up with 27 days’ paid holiday per year
- 10 days’ carer leave to look after your loved ones
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.